Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ping JLockhart

Spring Hen
Spring Hen Posts: 1,578
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
You and Jake and the Mrs. going to be able to make it to the Texas Eggfest next Saturday?
Judy
Covington, Louisiana USA

Comments

• JLOCKHART29
    JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    No but sure would love to!! I have to work every other week end and I have to work that one. I work 12 hr shift and in order to take off a week end I have to take off Fri, Sat and Sun. (36 hrs vacation) You can eat up a whole years time in almost 2 week ends doing it like that. Next year I pick up another week so I plan to come. Just trying to figure out how to hall the small Egg back on the back of the bike! :P Sure would love to make it though. Austin is about 350-400 miles and a basic days ride so I would have to take all 3 days off. Planning a big 2 week ride up into NM, AZ, Utah, and Colarado in July and always take a week off for duck hunting with my 70 year old dad so it burns vacation in a hurry! Thanks for asking. ;)
  • Spring Hen
    Spring Hen Posts: 1,578
    I totally understand. I treasure my vacation days too. I only live 3 hours away but I still need to take the day off for preparation and travel. It's worth it though. I'm sad you are not coming. I was hoping to meet the man that makes the most delicious looking dinners. They always make my mouth water. Between you and Lawn Ranger I'm always hungry.....see ya next year.
    Judy
    Judy
    Covington, Louisiana USA
  • AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Let us know if you are coming through Tucson, if we aren't at a fest, you are welcome to crash or at least some Egged food. -RP
  • JLOCKHART29
    Thanks for the invite but just hitting the edge of Az. Stopping in Gallop NM a few days to let the wife load up on jewlery then heading North threw Monument Valley/ Canyonlands Utah/ over and down Million doller hwy in Colorado to Dorango then down to Toas NM a few days and rest up for a hard 2 day 1100 mile run back to S. Ark. Keep the intite open. Never kow when I might show up! :laugh: I love that part of the country. No place like it in the US on a bike. So vast and wide open. On a bike its like you can touch the sky.
  • JLOCKHART29
    Thanks for the compliment! Really plan to make it next year. I know me and wife will enjoy it!