Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

It is time to make a beer shed

Options
Darnoc
Darnoc Posts: 2,661
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
The shed that I now have is stocked up with 500 plus pounds of lump.With the price of hops going up it might be in my best interest to build another shed to store one of the other loves of my life.BEER.

Comments

• FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Options
    If you were closer I'd split the cost. Have 2 fridges & 3 freezers but always fighting for beer space.
    Pat
  • Darnoc
    Options
    The return on your investment is far better than any five year Certificate of Deposit that your local bank will give you in your local bank.I will give AZRP your regards.
  • Darnoc
    Options
    Sorry about the error in the edit.
  • FlaPoolman
    Options
    Thanks, Take it your in Waldorf? Sounds like a great fest. Enjoy

Pat
  • Darnoc
    Options
    Will be there Saturday and try to have a lot of fun plus agitate some of the guys.I think they know who they are.
  • FlaPoolman
    Options
    Ask double bogey (Larry) if he still has the bloody mary recipe I gave him :evil:
    He and his wife are great people

100_1713.jpg

Keep Pete (Celtic Wolf) off the bottle till 9:00 AM

100_1702.jpg

And tell Egret not to drop his dome :laugh:

100_1699.jpg

Hope you have a great time. We loved Ocala and realized how nice the names on the forum are when you get to meet them.

Pat
  • Darnoc
    Options
    I met Pete at Pork In The Park Fifth Barbecue Festival in Salisbury in April.Had a nice chat and made the comment to him that I proclaim him as sergeant at arms on the forum.I love his attitude at times (if you know what I mean} the crap stops here.
  • FlaPoolman
    Options
    He was a great guy and a pleasure to meet but told me not to let the secret out :laugh: ;) .

Me and Pete. Really a nice guy (sorry Pete)

100_1720.jpg
  • Darnoc
    Options
    Do I have to ask him what the secret is?
  • Darnoc
    Options
    It must be because you have a Bud in your hand and his arms are crossed.
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    Darnoc,

I hear you brother. In Canada we're paying fourty bucks a case of 24 already. With the price of fuel ,aluminum and grain, I'm gonna stockpile.(Soon as I can afford to)

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Darnoc
    Options
    Wow that is hard to believe.Golden Molson is my choice when I want to lay off of the micro beers.But it seems like now is the time to stock up the pantry with the canned goods because it seems like it is not going to get any better.What else can be said?
  • FlaPoolman
    Options
    Pete just doesnt want anyone to know he has a soft side.
    Pat
  • Chef in the Making
    Options
    will you be at Waldorf tomorrow. If so looking forward to meeting you.
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    Not much. l think we're in for a long, hard road. But what the H, we'll eat well.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Darnoc
    Options
    Taking a second look at that photo it seems to me he is hiding a laugh zone.You can bet your boots I'll sneak up behind him and find the G Spot.I will make sure that there is not a beverage in his hand when this is done.Night-Night.Can't go there tomorrow with just one eye open.He he.
  • PineyWoodsBrewer
    Options
    I thought I was one of the few brewers on this website. I just added on to my brewing shed to make room for my BGE. Here's my specialty grain cabinet. I keep my base grains in 5 gallon buckets.
    grain-cabinet-2.jpg
  • Darnoc
    Options
    Sure will John.Just look for a old man wearing a blue tee shirt with a big pig holding pulled pork sammiches on one hand and in the other hand has a whole tray of them just waiting to served..Pork In The Park is the header on the back of the tee.SeeeeeYa on Saturday.
  • Darnoc
    Options
    I am not a brewer but it sounds like a great idea.There are quite a few brewers on the forum and if you ping who makes beer you will get quite a few responses.I prefer craft beers as opposed to the Coors,Bud,etc. and looking at your grain cabinet just might get my interest up enough to visit my local supplier of home brew products and give it a try.A man where my wife works is into that and brought in a sample of Pumpkin Ale that he made and it was really good stuff.It is getting late and time to get beer off of my mind or I will wind up at Waldorf with (that's all folks)