Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Eggfest newbie

beebeeQ
beebeeQ Posts: 15
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I am planning to attend my first eggfest in Tx next week. I am flying into Austin for the weekend so I am not able to bring my "child" with me. I want to learn as much as I can about cooking on my BGE . My husband is just about finished with the table so when I get back from TX I will be able to cook on the BGE. I have been lurking on here since Oct. but haven't cooked on it yet. It has been a long cold winter. It sounds like so much fun. I am hooked already! When is it a good time to get to the eggfest for a newbie to learn as much as they can? TIA for your help.

Comments

• First, if there is a meet and greet the night before, you should definitely go to that! Then, get there real early so you can hang out and watch as people load their eggs and light up. Eggers are a friendy bunch and you can probably find someone to take you under their wing and mentor you all day. Esp if you find someone doing a lot of cooking - you can walk around and bring them back samples of food being cooked since they won't have time to do that themselves!

After the Texas eggfest is over, you should make plans to attend the Pacific Northwest Eggfest on September 6!

Gwen aka Dimplesmom (posting from work)
  • I have only attended one and that was last years Waldorf. Like Gwen said I would make sure to attend the meet and greet. There is nothing like seeing the people that you have only seen pictures of on the forum and then meeting them in person. You will get a great tips and techniques from everyone and I am sure that you will go home with a wealth of knowledge. If memory serves me well you should seek out tjv, Egret, Chubby, AZRP, Lawn Ranger and his son along with a great many others that escape my mind right now.
    Everyday is Saturday and tomorrow is always Sunday.