Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Liver

Options
Big E
Big E Posts: 51
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I know some people's stomachs turn on the thought of liver but not me. Just talk about some bacon, onions & liver all together & I am there. I have some in my freezer and was wondering if any eggheads have done any on the grill ? Looking for some thing different.
Hope everyones having a wonderful weekend !!

Comments

• Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Options
    Use the same temp you would normally use. I would think in a fry pan or cast iron skillet.

If I tried that I would have to toss out the pan.

If open dome frying I would get the egg up to temp then close the bottom vent so the lump doesn't flare up.

Good luck.

GG
  • Big E
    Big E Posts: 51
    Options
    I was just looking for a littlle different cook. I may ponder the thought for next weekend since this one is about gone.
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Options
    There has got to be some people that have some recipe's for liver.

In the mean time search the forum you will get some hits. Some times the results come up slow so be patient.

GG
  • Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Options
    I like to soak the liver in buttermilk for an hour or so, drain dredge in seasoned flour, cook in 1/2 peanut oil, drain Fry bacon separately and also thin slices of onions sauteed in butter until slightly golden. Save the buttermilk, use it as one of the ingredients for making gravy. Little flour and bacon grease make a roux like mix and then add the buttermilk. Thicken with more flour season to you liking. Here is another idea!

Beef, Liver

INGREDIENTS:
    1 Lb Beef Liver, Sliced
    1/4 Cup Gold Metal Flour
    1/2 Tsp Garlic Salt
    1/4 Tsp Paprika
    1/8 Tsp Pepper
    2 Tbs Shortening
    Piquant Sauce
    1 Medium Onion, Sliced
    1 Tbs Shortening
    2/3 Cup Water
    2 Tsp Cornstarch
    2 Tsp Soy Sauce

Procedure:
    1 Cut liver into serving pieces. Place flour, garlic salt, paprika and pepper in plastic or paper bag. Shake liver in bag until well coated.
    2 Melt shortening in medium skillet. Brown liver quickly on both sides, about 5 minutes. Remove to warm platter; keep warm while preparing piquant sauce. Add liver to sauce; heat through.
    Piquant Sauce:
    1 In same skillet, cook and stir onion in shortening until onion is crisp-tender, about 2 minutes. Blend water, cornstarch and soy sauce; pour into skillet, stirring constantly until sauce thickens and boils. Boil and stir 1 minute.

Servings: 4

Recipe Type
    Main Dish, Meat

Recipe Source
    Source: Florida Today
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    thanks ;)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb