Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

rutland gaskets

mr.b
mr.b Posts: 75
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
my rutland gasket that was put on my xl in fall and has worked well all winter is now
becoming detached from the egg. for those of you using a rutland i am trying to remember what some of you with the same issues have reattached it with that works better with the ceramic of the egg. any ideas?

Comments

• I used 3M 77 spray adhesive when I installed my nomex gasket. Haven't had any problems after several cooks including two over 600 degrees. Mask off anything you don't want overspray on.

101_2459640x480.jpg
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    I tried the Super 77 with the Rutland and it did not hold all that well. Because of the tubular style composition of the rutland gasket it slid back and forth and I was not happy with that solution.

I used a 600* RTV silicone gasket adhesive that I purchased at O'Reilly. It is 100% silicone so I feel it is even more food safe than the rutland itself.

It comes in a tube like toothpaste, cures in 24 hours, and holds solid once cured. It is red so be careful when applying if you choose to go this route because it dries red too.