Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Good Firdays Dinner Wow I love the small Egg

Options
Pork Butt Mike
Pork Butt Mike Posts: 2,584
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
First off Corn Bread with chopped walnuts.

100_0702.jpg

Second sauted potatos with sea salt, black pepper, and some jerk rub.

100_0704.jpg

Then add egg with fresh chopped parsley, and seven blend cheese.

100_0705.jpg

100_0707.jpg

Don't know how I got along with out the small for so long. My large is just sitting for a week now, but will be in use for the ham on Sunday.

Comments

• "Sparky"
    "Sparky" Posts: 6,024
    Options
    Looks great PBM.The small is a very useful tool huh?I use mine mostly for side dishes. :woohoo:

friday003.jpg

asparagus008.jpg

dinner3-7001.jpg

abtsribs002.jpg
  • Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Options
    Looks good, that small is so great for many things.
    I baked some taters on mine today for tater skins for the games tomorrow.

Mike
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Options
    Looks great mike. The small is high on my list to go with the 2 larges. Send the recipe for the cornbread if you can.
    Thanks
    Pat
  • SSN686
    SSN686 Posts: 3,504
    Options
    Morning Pork Butt Mike:

Looking good! Just remember to use both Eggs on a regular basis. I hadn't used one of my large Eggs for about two weeks and I had a major mold growth in it. The cooking grid was covered in mold, but into the sink with soap and lots of hot water and it looks almost new. As for the Egg I just lit it and ran it at 500+ for about 2 hours -- no more mold.

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

• Chubby
    Chubby Posts: 2,955
    Options
    MY Lil' Eggnacio will take on (just abou) all commers!!

QBabe's Cherry Smoked Meatloaf!

P1010011-1.jpg

1 Slab of Ribs.. (with Taters underneath)!

P10100112-1.jpg

Egret's Ham!

P1010096.jpg

Kenny G's Chili!

P10100292-1.jpg

EZ Life Pork Butt!

P1010029-3.jpg

And last but not least...Some Herbed Planked Halibut!!

P10100822.jpg

Are you following me...??

"The Small...not just for sides any more!!

Evans
    I spent most of my money on good bourbon, and bad women...the rest, I just wasted!!
  • Chubby
    Options
    I sure missed seeing you two this last weekend!!

Still not feeling real good...but improving!!

Maybe Waldorf..with my leftover Fla. tickets!!

Evans
    I spent most of my money on good bourbon, and bad women...the rest, I just wasted!!
  • Car Wash Mike
    Options
    Show off! :woohoo:

Mike
  • Pork Butt Mike
    Options
    Looks good Chubby, and its like the wife was saying tonight why do you need that large anymore. She was just busting my chops like allways. Thanks again the phone call and I did get your e-mail, will take care of that tomorrow.
  • Car Wash Mike
    Options
    You going to Oklahoma? If not that is fine, just send the Chick. :laugh:

Mike
  • Pork Butt Mike
    Options
    Recipe for the corn bread Pat. Now listen very carefully because its real hard to follow this recipe.

First get in your car and drive to Publix, and go to the flour isle, look for Jiffy corn bread. Now bring it to the regester. I know this is the hard part now, pull your wallit out and pay for it. If the moths fly out don't worry they wont bite. Follow the directions on the box and add chopped nuts. If you need any more help Pat let me know. LOL......Take care buddy.
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Options
    Dang it !!!!!! Got half way to publix & forgot it. Can you repeat it ????? :silly: :woohoo: :blush: :huh:

Pat
  • Chubby
    Options
    If I did...who would you mess with?

106a.jpg

Evans
  • SSN686
    SSN686 Posts: 3,504
    Options
    Morning Chubby:

I definitely missed you & the Chick too! It just didn't seem like a real Florida EggFest without Chubby trying to catch something on fire!!!! LOL As it was I didn't get there until about 1:30pm and for the first Fest ever, didn't cook!

I am planning on coming to Waldorf as of right now, but Kathy probably won't be coming. I guess I need to post something soon about seeing if anyone wants to share the room cost. Hope to see both of you there.

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

• Eggtucky
    Eggtucky Posts: 2,746
    Options
    I dont have nearly as many pix yet of my small cooks as some of you..only had it about 2-3 weeks...but as much as I love my large..my small has rapidly become my 2nd love..it is so versatile and easy to use and yes I use it for main courses and sides!!...nice lookin stuff guys!! ;)
  • Car Wash Mike
    Options
    I just asked The Chick what would happen. It kinda snowballed.

Mike
  • 2bossy!
    2bossy! Posts: 48
    Options
    OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We just returned from the Florida Eggfest (WE REALLY missed you CHUBBY!!!!!) BUT...I begged and begged for a small and thought Luke was going to surprise me but noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo NO egg for 2 bossy! Now i read about all this awesome talk and uses for a small - somebody needs to get him!!!

By the way - our Large Big Green Egg did some awesome shrimp and scallops tonight - at least he hasn't lost it all! :P

Everything looks really GREAT!

Missy
  • Chubby
    Options
    If it isn't one of my "favoritest" EggFest
    Celbs!!!

P1010090.jpg

I was bummed to miss as well...but not as much as Ann...(who had to listen to me **** and moan for almost a week)...instead of a Fla. EggFest Vacation!!!

Tell Luke to cut loose of that cash...and get you a Small!!

Evans
  • Jupiter Jim
    Jupiter Jim Posts: 3,351
    Options
    Hi Missy,
    What is Luke thinking? :angry: I'm at a loss for words!!! If Kay told me she wanted a small I would drive up to Fritzs and gst one. :)
    Thanks for all your hard work at the fest, we had a great time and enjoyed seeing your kids be polite wonderful young men and ladies. As parents you got it right.
    Wow just can't belive you don't have a small. ;)
    Jim

I'm only hungry when I'm awake!

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• Beanie-Bean
    Beanie-Bean Posts: 3,092
    Options
    The SBGE is really something else, isn't it? May I ask what size the cast iron pan you're using in there?

Thanks--the cornbread looks great!