Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Focaccia Bread

Options
fuhgedaboudit
fuhgedaboudit Posts: 24
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Does anybody have a link to an easy focaccia recipe? Can you use pizza dough (purchased from a pizza joint)? I'd prefer not to start from scratch.
Thanks.

Comments

• In the search box, type in "Focaccia Bread Old Dave" and there is some information on this bread.

Dipstick
  • Large Marge
    Large Marge Posts: 404
    Options
    gotta do it from scratch! Here's a good one from Frugal Gourmet (this makes a great pizza dough too, minus all the toppings below):

2 pkgs fast rising yeast
    2 cups tepid water (about 110 degrees)
    2 tbs sugar
    4 tbs olive oil
    1/2 cup salad oil (veg, corn, canola, etc)
    1 tsp table salt
    5 1/2 cups unbleached white bread flour
    3 cloves garlic, crushed
    1/4 cup olive oil for topping
    1 tbs whole rosemary
    1 tbs kosher salt for topping

Dissolve yeast in tepid water. Add sugar, olive oil, salad oil, and regular salt- I use kitchen aid mixer for whole process, flat beater attachment- Mix in 3 cups of the flour and whip until dough begins to leave the bowl, about 7-10 mins. Mix in remaining flour by hand or with dough hook and knead until smooth. Allow to rise twice, right in the bowl and punch down after each rising.

Oil 2 or 3 pans (that will fit in the egg, square is traditional shape but round works fine) and divide the dough between the pans. Using fingers, press the dough out to the edges of the pan. Cover and allow to rise for about 30 minutes, then brush with crushed garlic mixed with oil for topping. Sprinkle rosemary and kosher salt on top. Bake at 375 for about 30 mins.
  • Wife has Fleischmann's yeast bread machine book. I've used their focaccia recipe a couple of times. Check out Fleischmann's website.

http://www.breadworld.com/RecipeSearch.aspx?query=focaccia&cat=All

Mike M