Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Starting trouble!!! Flame War!

Options
2»

Comments

• Flames are not so good--they blacken the food. But.. I tend to agree. Butter and potatoes have a natural affinity. I do not like evoo on baked potato or mashies.

Where I do like EVOO, is on roasted potatoes with rosemary and garlic. You can do this on the Egg indirect and they are delicious. I give two variations here.

1-2 lbs of those small red potatoes (golf ball to marble sized)
    garlic lots
    crushed salt, pepper
    thin slice onion (variation #2, omit if not using)
    rosemary
    EVOO
    ___
    Method

Slice potatoes in half Toss in EVOO and put in an aluminum pie pan or cake pan (I use cake pan, holds more.) Generously lash with chopped or mashed garlic, onions (Vidalias are nice) if using them, and top with sprigs of fresh rosemary. Top with foil and put indirect on the Egg. When potatoes are soft to piercing, the dish is done.

VARIATION:
    Time consuming but: place halved potatoes cut side down in oil in cake pan. Top with garlic and seasonings. Cook on Egg as above. The bottoms will roast to a beautiful brown. Do not burn (garlic will taste awful.)