Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Fla Eggfest pics

Options
vidalia1
vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Friday night appetizers.....Spicy Meatballs

IMG_02441-1.jpg

Pork Butt Mike...a super nice guy with a great wife & great pork butt

IMG_02411-1.jpg

BobbyQ...nuff said...

IMG_02391-1.jpg

AZRP Randy...how did I miss Kim???? Great spicy shrimp

IMG_02541-1.jpg

Tonia & Dr BBQ

IMG_02471-1.jpg

Missy collecting money & selling tickets...she makes mean stuffed mushrooms

IMG_02491-1.jpg

Comments

• vidalia1
    Options
    A few more pics

My table..notice person with fork in fore ground

IMG_02501-1.jpg

The guy from the Tampa Tribune...he had a great time

IMG_02451-1.jpg

I did not have time to cook my stuffed chicken breast so we had them tonight for dinner

IMG_02561-1.jpg

Thanks for a great time to: Tonia, Larry, Fritz, Missy, PB Mike, Fiero Mike, Fla Pool Pat, Steve, Pete and lots of other good folks ....

Kim Youngblood
    (aka vidalia1)
    Lawrenceville, GA
  • You didn't miss me...don't need a pix to remember the "Desert Filly". LOL
    It was great to meet you. I lurke quite often...and it was great to put faces with names. The only thing bad about cooking...is you don't roam around enough meeting the other cookers....and eating their foods. But...cooking has it's own reward....at least you don't get quite as stuffed.
    Look forward to seeing you again.
    Kim (the other one)
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Options
    The meatballs were great Kim but the quesadillas at the end of the night were perfect. I know you told me the quick & easy but post the recipe please. (sorry I'm getting old & forgot before I got to I-95) Hope the Bloody Marys lasted the whole trip.
    Great meeting you & your wife & hope Atlanta is ok.
    Pat
  • Pork Butt Mike
    Pork Butt Mike Posts: 2,584
    Options
    Wow they look great, now I know why you did not cook them at the fest. LOL I had a great time with you and your wife, and we all know who the better half is now. All kidding aside it was great meeting you and your wife she is such a wonder person. My wife and I loved hanging out with the both of you and had such a nice time. Oh yeah all you cooks tasted great, your desert top the hole day off.
  • AlwaysGolf
    AlwaysGolf Posts: 704
    Options
    Hey Viadalia1,

What all is in those stuffed chicken breasts. How did you make them and how did you cook them. If you don't mind could you post or email the recipe. I may even talk Bowden into another wide right :laugh:

Thanks
    alwaysgolf
  • vidalia1
    Options
    Kim it was great meeting you as well. Next year we may have a "kimFest" as there were 4 of us there. Thanks for the spicy shrimp too...

The dessert is Nutella Quesadillas...from Grill Gurl I believe

10" flour tortillas
    Nutella
    Marshmellow creme
    thinly sliced bananas & or strawberries

Spread nutella on a tortilla shell, spread marshmellow creme on other shell, place fruit on either shell and press the two shells together

Place on a direct or raised grid...300-350 degrees works best....let sit on grid for 2-3 minutes until light grill marks appear on shell...flip over and do the other side for 2-3 minutes
    take off grill and sprinkle powdered sugar...cut in quarters and eat...they are yummy...

Ginny and our friends had a few Bloody Marys and the rest are in the fridge...Ginny wants to know if you will share the recipe...

PB Mike is was great hanging with you guys as well. Glad the new addition made it safely.

Kim Youngblood
    (aka vidalia1)
    Lawrenceville, GA

t
  • Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    Options
    Geesh not enough time!!! Every time I looked over you were sitting down, except when I was cooking that Tuna for you.. HAHAHA
  • FlaPoolman
    Options
    Alwaysgolf you'll love to hear that someone cooked Gator (sorry but can't remember who but it was good) but nodody cooked seminole :laugh: :laugh: . How's your Egg-Ma-Hal going. Did they finish? Hope it finishes as good as it looks.
    Pat
  • FlaPoolman
    Options
    That was some great tuna CW. even if the bottle was opened early. :laugh: :laugh:
    Pat
  • AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    JupiterJim was putting on some gator sausage when I paid him a visit. -RP
  • vidalia1
    Options
    Until yesterday I had neve, ever, ever had tuna....now not only have I had tuna, but it was cooked by Celtic Wolf....and oh I did enjoy it B)

Pete thanks for taking up the slack while I was napping..... :laugh:

Kim Youngblood
    (aka vidalia1)
    Lawrenceville, GA
  • Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    Options
    NP.. Tuna is one of those fun quick cooks. I got some good laughs cooking it too..

It was great meeting and you hoard..
  • BBQster1
    BBQster1 Posts: 20
    Options
    Kim,
    Great job on the food. We enjoyed visiting with you and your lovely wife. I never did figure out how she managed to look so busy, when you were doing all the work.

You inspired us! We fixed our first fattie, pig candy, stuffed mushrooms and bacon wrapped scallops today.

I hope you didn't go home to too much of a mess in Atlanta.

Regards, Sandy & Steve
  • Gzmogator
    Gzmogator Posts: 33
    Options
    The seminole can't make the grade!
  • mollyshark
    mollyshark Posts: 1,519
    Options
    Wish I could have done it. Florida is one of my favorites. Too much life interfered wtih my life this round. Thanks for the pix.
  • AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    Missed ya, are you doing OK again? -RP
  • Dimple's Mom
    Dimple's Mom Posts: 1,740
    Options
    Can you post the recipe for those stuffed chicken breasts - they look delish.

Gwen
  • Dimple's Mom
    Dimple's Mom Posts: 1,740
    Options
    Thanks for all the pics. I had hoped to be there but just couldn't swing it at this time. It looks like it was fabulous.
  • Beanie-Bean
    Beanie-Bean Posts: 3,092
    Options
    Thanks for sharing the pics!
  • Scotty's Inferno
    Options
    You were missed Monica! Scott