Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Just got my price quote!

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
The quote was for a large egg, platesetter, pizza stone and nest. 2nd quote was with no nest. Do these prices seem reasonable?

Large EGG
Plate Setter
Pizza stone
Nest
901.84 AFTER TAX

NO NEST
802.99 AFTER TAX

:evil:

Comments

• Jeff,
    I purchased mine about 3 years ago and paid around $825.00 for a large with nest and plat setter.
  • O.K,

This was with tax and a pizza stone also, so I guess it sounds fair.

Jeff
  • Jeffersonian
    Jeffersonian Posts: 4,244
    Options
    That looks very reasonable, esp. with the accessories. I'd jump on it.
  • You can buy a large online for $629 delivered!!
  • Jeffersonian
    Jeffersonian Posts: 4,244
    Options
    Yeah, but once you throw in the accessories you mentioned you're probably $100 above that. Factor out taxes of about 7-8% and the difference is maybe $100-125. For the peace of mind the warranty gives, plus the value of having a working relationship with your dealer, I'd probably go with getting it locally.
  • dhuffjr
    dhuffjr Posts: 3,182
    Options
    That is a good price. Ask yourself do I want/need a nest and are you going to want a table? I've got two nests I bought at fests and don't use either. I've got little kids and a big crazzy dog so mine sit on the ground.
  • Artinflorida
    Options
    I am in Florida.Just got a large from local dealer, Just the egg was list of 699. Got 10% off and delivery was free. Had another dealer quote me the 699.
    Had Florida sales tax to pay over and above. The dealer I used gives 10% off on all BGE and accessories. :)
  • I AM going to skip the nest! I plan to build my own table, and you are right, I will have a 100.00 nest collecting dust.

Jeff
  • jodijojo
    jodijojo Posts: 7
    Options
    i just got a large one from an ace hardware for 599 including the nest.

When I researched it, I called their headquarters in georgia (i live about 30 miles from there) figuring it might be cheaper to buy from the source, but their eggs were more expensive (eggspensive? :laugh: ) than buying them from other authorized retailers in the area.
    So I called the various authorized retailers around and got a different price from each of them. It seems this particular ace hardware store sells a lot more eggs than all the others around and that is why they can sell them for cheaper.

(for any georgia folk, best price was the ace hardware on north druid hills road inside atlanta.)
  • Thanks,

unfortunately, BBQ Galore was the only authorized seller that showed up on BGE's dealer search for Las Vegas.

I am going to call the local ACE just to make sure.

Jeff
  • Michael B
    Michael B Posts: 986
    Options
    You should open your own BGE store!