Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Thanks TJV.....

Mike in Abita
Mike in Abita Posts: 3,302
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I arrived home yesterday to find a package from Eggaccessories. In it was the new items for the XL. I must say these are first rate as far as construction goes and the functionality is unlimited. Thanks Tom your kindness, reminds me why we are here. To help others.

3-7-08002.jpg

Now on to tonights dinner. Wife wanted pizza. With a little experimentation I figured out a way to make a raised grid with a pizza stone.

3-7-08013.jpg

Keli was very happy with the results. We all know that a happy wife is a wonderful thing. Good luck to those out there cooking and I plan to break this rig in with some pulled pork this weekend. Wifes second favorite Egged food.

3-7-08007.jpg

Comments

• BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    you know i was trying to do egrets crusty country bread the other night (and failed miserably had to cook it in the oven) and ended up just taking the daisy off and opening up the bottom and seen a crack on my platesetter that looks remarkabily like yours. are you going to take it back soon? i was wondering if mine will hold until Big'un's luau. i am sure it will i think i will cover mine with some smoke so i do not think about it so much :laugh: :woohoo:

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Mike in Abita
    Mine came out of the box that way. I'm going to cut it up to make a different style now that I have the new XL stuff from Tom.
  • BENTE
    make sure to take pics of that

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• BENTE
    call me ;)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• tjv
    tjv Posts: 3,830
    Man, I really dig how inventive folks are on creating cool set-ups. I never would have thought of that one in a million years. Looks like the perfect pizza cook, sitting high in the dome.

Glad to see you back cooking. T
    www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
  • Mike in Abita
    UUNNHH :huh: That's not how it's supposed to work. Came out great IMO. Thanks for the cool gear. I think most of my XL problems are now history. :woohoo: