Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

pizza

Options
Bob In Texas
Bob In Texas Posts: 48
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I do not have a pizza stone & can't purchase one today, but can i cook pizza on the plate setter

Comments

• Rascal
    Rascal Posts: 3,923
    Options
    I've read of others doing it without a problem.
  • Chef in the Making
    Options
    If you do just make sure you use parchment paper or cornmeal so the crst won't stick to the stone
  • citychicken
    citychicken Posts: 484
    Options
    is your plate setter heavily used and soiled with greasy spillage from prior cooks? if so i would suggest a high temp burn (600 dome) for 30 to 60 minutes prior to using it for a pizza or other bread products. i've heard that thusly soiled plate setters could impart a smokey taste to the pizza if not cleaned prior to baking your pizza. also you may consider using some parchment paper between the pizza and your plate setter.
  • Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    zasCooked.jpg
    <p />Hey robert,
    Yes you can, but a single layer of ceramic tends to get too hot. Then your crust burns before the toppings are browned. You will probably be okay for one pie....maybe 2, but any more and you'll start burning crusts.[p]One thing I have done is start the pie off when the cooker and stone is 500, then notch it up to 600 after the pie goes on. That way your toppings cook before the stone gets too hot. If you have a pizza screen, that would help too....just to get the crust off the stone a little.[p]Just some idears. Good luck! Pizza on the egg is awful good.
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ