Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

time limitation question

RRP
RRP Posts: 25,880
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I just posted this over on the Forum Feedback which means it will get buried so here I'll repeat my question. In fact I wonder if this shouldn't be the subject of a meaningful poll!

I have bit my tongue and stayed quiet through all this conversion. Personally I get tired of the steps necessary to sign in and then jump through the hoops to get where I want to be. Why is the inactivity of (I think) 1 hour and you get thrown out the door like a bum? Why can't it be extended to 2 or 3 hours?
Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.

Comments

• BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    i agree i just may not know how to say it :cheer: :lol: :laugh:

good day to you ron!!! ;) hope alls well with you

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Yes what a pain :angry: . I just like to browse many times throughout the day.Gets to be a pain in the Ace.
    Marc
  • Broc
    Broc Posts: 1,398
    Copy the original post and Spam it to everyone you know!

How 'bout having a little button where you can stay signed in eternally, like other forums?

~ Broc
    :angry:
  • Old Salt
    Old Salt Posts: 357
    I questioned this and received an e-mail that they limit the time to 1/2 hour.
  • I'm not sure why we couldn't have an option to stay signed in for either a reasonable period of time (hours) or forever if the user so chooses. I forget where I saw it, but one webpage I visit that requires a signon lets you stay signed on for two weeks unless you logout.

P.S. I see WMK said in the forum feedback thread that the login timeout is used to determine "who's online". So there is a reason for the short timeout, and the question might then be: is the inconvenience of signing in every 30 minutes worth having a list of people who have logged in during the last 30 minutes.
    The Naked Whiz
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,657
    i cant use all the functions from the aol browser but found that the easiest way is to not log in. i put the wide screen and last 25 up on the tool bar for easy clicking without having to log in and go thru that incredibly slow maze to get where i want to go. when i post i just enter my password during the post and it shows me logged in (im not but thats ok). for the most part most of the features this new forum has i dont use and if i do need to look up a profile to get an email i can always log in with the internet explorer instead of aol, put those two screens or what ever screen you typically veiw in up on the tool bar. the big slow down is that after posting it never brings me back, to post you need to either open a new window for it and post, then close it, or just post, close everything down and then open the last 25 link from the toolbar and your back in business.
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Couldn't agree more Ron. The time in and out and constant re-logging if your on/off for a couple hours is really annoying.
  • WMK
    WMK Posts: 1,747
    All,

I've just modified the timeout to 24 hours until we can find a better solution.
  • Thanks for listening and makeing the "egg surf" that much better! :laugh:
  • Clay Q
    Clay Q Posts: 4,486
    Never liked it.