Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Eggfests near Tuscon?

Options
Kahuna9000
Kahuna9000 Posts: 23
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hey all! I know there are Eggfest(s) in/near AZ, but I can't remember where or when... Can someone enlighten me?

I'm from Philadelphia area, so I didn't pay to much attention to the desert events, but my Mom & Dad (retired and newly egg-flicted) would really enjoy attending one near their home in Tuscon. I went to the PA Eggfest last year and had a ball (plus I ate too much, bought some toys, and won a bunch of swag!).

Any info would be appreciated- thanks!

Chris

Comments

• AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    Sorry, no Eggfests in AZ, they had a cooking class using BGEs out at lake Havasu last weekend, but that's the only BGE event I've heard of in AZ. BTW, I live in Tucson, and if your parents are newbies and need any assistance, I'd be happy to help them out. -RP
  • Kahuna9000
    Options
    Hey- thanks!

Dad's been grilling for years, and while he may have just gotten his egg- I know from the questions he asks that they've done brisket, steaks, pork butt, burgers, etc. I bought him a turbo grate for christmas.

He's serious enough that he's built a table! He says he's going build one for me now that his 'demo version' is about complete...

I'll pass along this thread and your email info, if you don't mind- I'm sure they'd appreciate having someone in their timezone to ask egg questions! Thanks.

Chris (not NB, but I do love his DP products!)
  • Slotmercenary
    Options
    there is an annual "pork and brew" held in Rio Rancho New Mexico each spring. RR is a suburb of Albuquerque and there are a group of cooks that use BGE's at the event. The local dealer is Woodfields Hearth and Patio in ABQ. It is a pretty cool event and is growing each year.