Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mary's little lamb-Results & Review

Options
Beanie-Bean
Beanie-Bean Posts: 3,092
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I must say thanks to the helpful people on the forum once again for the excellent advice, and for giving me the confidence to try something different once again. Earlier, I was a bit skeptical about how some little lamb cuts smaller than my Blackberry could turn out to be something really spectacular. That was the case with the lamb chops I cooked earlier this evening. I used some different seasonings on them (Benoit's Cajun/Kosher Salt; DP Redeye; DP Swamp Venom) just to see if I could still taste the lamb through all the different flavors I was adding.

All of them were good. Next time, I will try something a bit more traditional, but I must say that if you haven't tried this on the BGE yet, you must try some this week. They turned out fabulously delicious, and I will be doing some on a regular basis.

Setup the SBGE for a 400 deg direct cook. After the fire stabilized at temp, I dropped some Jack Daniels chips in and did the chops 4 minutes a side. On the flip side, the DP chops were off to the edge of the grid so that they wouldn't get cooked to medium doneness. Those finished up mid-rare, and the Benoit's came out medium.

Here is the recap:
IMG_9407.jpg
IMG_9409.jpg
IMG_9411.jpg

I think I'll be trying more lamb cuts over the next few weeks.

Comments