Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ping BENTE & DYNAGREASEBALL

Options
Warthog
Warthog Posts: 84
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
This is a follow up post to the roast I wanted to cook. You guys provided some valuable input on posting picts and best way to cook. And, (Dyna Greaseball), compliments on my daughter!

Well I cooked that roast today. I put it on this morning at 9:30 at 200 indirect. I think I hit the plateau at 155 around 4:30 this afternoon. I pulled it at 5:30 and rested it. The first slice into it told me that I would not be pulling or chopping this into anything like a brisket. I pulled out the electric slicer and cut it as thin as possible. Layered it heavily on the buns with Mozzarella and Horseradish and added au Jus for dipping. All in all, although it was not what I had in mind, it ended up being a pretty decent meal. Even if it isn't the best meal you have ever eaten, everything off the egg has its merits.

I just wanted to say thanks again for your help and insight.

John

Comments