Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

3:30am Forum Check

Options
Eggtucky
Eggtucky Posts: 2,746
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
3:30am and all is well..butt's in the egg...dome's at 245..meat's at 177 and smellin fine.. gonna make a visit to the solid waste disposal facility and speak to the chief..then retire back to the 'recharge unit' as SC calls it..oh yeah..vertical refrigeration storage unit illuminator workin fine...looks like we have 204 misguided guests and 4 lonely members online atm..quiet darn bunch..if didn know better would think they were all recharging...goodnite ethel..err leroy :blink:

Comments

• Billy Grill Eggster
    Options
    Eggtucky,

Looks like we have 9 members and 158 guests. Just getting up chores to do. Coffee to brew.
    Fatties this afternoon, maybe some bacon wrapped scallops.
    Billy
    Wilson, NC
    Large BGE - WiFi Stoker - Thermapen - 250 Cookbooks

• JLOCKHART29
    JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    Options
    Should have another 3 to 6 hrs. What time you introduce your "guest" to the Egg?
  • Eggtucky
    Options
    Put'em both in last night around 8pm...it's 8am here now and they both seem to be plateaued at 176/177..wont be long now!...was readin these posts about fatties and dangit..gonna stop by the butcher and get some sausage this mornin! :woohoo: :woohoo:
  • JLOCKHART29
    Options
    Do a couple for me. At work all day but at least net nanney seams to be on vacation so I can at least look at the cooks.
  • Eggtucky
    Options
    Consider it done..in fact..in just a short bit I'm gonna fry up some fresh sausage and eggs with biscuits and gravy..I'll have a bloody mary for ya!.. ;) ..these butts been locked at 177 for about 5 hrs now...bark is thick an black...wonder if I should pull em and foil?
  • JLOCKHART29
    Options
    Never tryed foiling b4. 177 seams cool. Most of mine are 190 to 195 internal. When I try to pick up they fall apart. Got a bone in the butts? If you do give it a pull and see if it trys to slide. That barks not thick. Will give a good flavor when pulled. Add a double shot to that Merry and a good glug of Tobassaco!
  • Eggtucky
    Options
    oh yeah..they're bone in..only way i get em..yeah the 177 too cool to 'pull'..I meant pull/foil/and return to the egg and wait for 200...10-4 on the double shot..and 3 good shakes of louisiana gold hot sauce.. ;) ..i LUB that stuff!! :woohoo: :woohoo: