Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Tonights sacrifice: Viva La Mexico

Options
JLOCKHART29
JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Had to work today so the better half made homemade enchiladas. I baked them for 1 hr at 300 with some persimmon chunks on the Egg as well as the beans for 20 min. Rice was just one of those nuker packets but works. Nice quick and tastie! (If someone premakes 'em for you! :laugh: ) NEW08137.jpgNEW08140.jpgNEW08142.jpg

Comments

• Dimple's Mom
    Options
    Oh, that look ssoooo good. I'm absolutely starving. Waiting until it's time to go meet some friends at a neighborhood tavern for dinner.

Where does one get persimmon wood? What kind of flavor does it impart?

Gwen
  • JLOCKHART29
    JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    Options
    They grow wild all over the south and I have them on my land that I cut into wedges. How I got turned on to it was when I bought my Egg. They had it in chip form. Sort of reminds me of a very mellow hickory that carries some sweetness. When ever I burn it it makes me thank of some hillbilly's(I married one from north Ark!lol) smoke shack on a fall day as I rolling threw the back roads on my bike and catch a whiff out of the blue. Sound cheese but if you have ever rode you would know what I mean. NEW08143.jpg