Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Grilled grits

Options
Desert Filly
Desert Filly Posts: 1,042
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
So, I tried Julie's grilled grits this week. Let me tell you....a nice aternative to garlic potatoes....I can also see using some green chilis in them too. BUT, I had a problem with them on the grill. After properly cooling them down, I cut them in wedges, smeared both sides with butter, and after about 4-5 minutes on the grill, they stuck.....I got the nice grid marks...but it was all smushed up....Any suggestions to fix this next time? I thought about spraying the grid with PAM.....

Kim

Comments

• Darnoc
    Darnoc Posts: 2,661
    Options
    After the grits are ready to go on oil your grate with butter or whatever.If the grate is not oiled they will stick.I refrigerate mine for at lest fours and up to two days.
  • Darnoc
    Darnoc Posts: 2,661
    Options
    After the grits are ready to go on oil your grate with butter or whatever.If the grate is not oiled they will stick.I refrigerate mine for at lest fours and up to two days.
  • vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    Options
    BTW...leftover grits go nicely in ABT's as the filler with sausage & cheese...stuff the jalapeno with sausage, grits, cheese and wrap in bacon...cook like normal

Grits...they aren't just for breakfast anymore... ;)

Kim Youngblood
    (aka vidalia1)
    Lawrenceville, GA