Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

PING -- Gran'Pa's Grub

Options
Broc
Broc Posts: 1,398
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I missed your middle-of-the-night post... sorry. I'm not ignoring you.

We light the Eggs Saturday morning at 10:00. Weather is expected to top out in the mid-30's partly cloudy, 10% chance of flurries.

The Big Storm missed us, but we got the cold. The New Storm is sliding SE across SMinnesota, EIowa, and into Illinois and places beyond us, but we'll continue cold until late Friday -- just in time!

I've heard the scientific Ice Age stuff, also -- for several years... scientists who don't go along with Al Gore's doomsday prophesies.

Both options aren't very attractive! :ermm:

~ Best

~ Broc :whistle:

Comments

• Grandpas Grub
    Options
    Broc,

We are getting slammed with show right now. If this keeps up we will have one of the worst storms of the season.

If the ice age comes, I am jumping insdie the large and the wife s getting in the medium. I'm guessing 30 or so hours on L&S and we both will be done.

Hope the fest goes well.

GG
  • Broc
    Broc Posts: 1,398
    Options
    Oh -- You just gave me an eerie thought.

As an armchair archaeologist [subscribe to mags and am all over the I-net], I'm thinking of all the strange burial rituals of differing cultures. Burying in clay pots is not an uncommon practice.

I wonder -- Burying in the Eggs... :ohmy:

Or.. being cremated in our Eggs, and passing the Eggs on to our descendants, who can become one-with-us... [some Neolithic tribesmen world-wide still "eat" the ashes of their loved ones to glean their strength and knowledge]. :pinch:

OK -- Enough bizarre thinking for the evening...

B)

Broc
  • Grandpas Grub
    Options
    Broc wrote:
    Oh -- [some Neolithic tribesmen world-wide still "eat" the ashes of their loved ones to glean their strength and knowledge]. :pinch:

Hope my kids don't do that, they will regress.

GG
  • DynaGreaseball
    Options
    Hey, if you roll around in this before you climb in...

Ingredients:
    • 1 Cup Ground Paprika
    • ¼ Cup Ground Cumin
    • ¼ Cup Garlic Powder
    • ¼ Cup Salt
    • 1/8 Cup Sugar
    • 1/8 Cup Fresh ground pepper

At lease they'll say we had good taste in those days.

OK, I'll leave.
  • StumpBaby
    Options
    I herd on the radio some wack job that was tryin to run for president say "there's ice caps on Mars, and they're shrinking, and their ain't no cars on mars!"

hmmmm....what does that mean? Should we send some cars to mars? Sounds like there's a shortage of some kind. I hope that guy dudnt get to be president.

And another thing..what the hell is keeping car companies like GM alive if they're losing Billions of dollars a year? How long can that go on? If'n I did that I'd have no house, no lawn, no eggs..nuttin...I wouldn't have a window to throw my piss can out of..I wouldn't have two sticks to rub together to make a fire...I'd hafta hope I kin rub my god given man taters together enough and lite mine hairs on fire to cook on, and that's only if'n the bank didn't take them too. Is this that new math that I herd of during the last election? I'll tell you what, I think when Al Gore created the internet he broke somethin bad in the process and skewed the universe somethin awful. I only hope he didn't ruin whatever it was that makes bearded ladies possible...some things is sacred..and awfull cuddly too.

StumBaby
  • Grandpas Grub
    Options
    Interesting mix... other than sugar I use something like this on roasts and with a few additional spices for chili.

GG