Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Looking for top quality beef source

Options
Haggis
Haggis Posts: 998
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Over the last couple years various mail order sources for top quality (aged?) beef have been mentioned. I can't seem to locate the posts in the archives but since many of you are still active on the forum, I thought I could ask again. And please (!!) do not mention Omaha!

Thanks!

Comments

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,761
    Options
    the meat house is where myself, stike and essex county buy dry age from, dont know if they cut it a certain way for mailorder or if you can tell them how thick you want it. its 45 day dry age and the ribeye is the better option from the ones ive tried. place is a few min from my house which makes it dangerous, but if you look at he prices you will see its less expensive than some of the others

http://www.themeathouse.com/
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Popsicle
    Popsicle Posts: 523
    Options
    If you are looking for the best of the best, go to, heartbrandbeef.com/shop/. This is Kobe-style beef and is as good as it gets. You will pay for it but it is nice to impress folks every now and then. Popsicle
    Willis Tx.
  • The Meat House, Allen Brothers, Lobels and many others all have great products but you'll pay dearly for shipping, like nearly as much for shipping as the actual product. If there's any place in driving distance, make the trip (unless you don't the cost, it is convenient). Whole Foods has great dry aged steak for around $21/lb. I hear Wegmans has good steaks too.
  • If you can find one, I would recommend a local butcher . Ours is very accomoding. Unfortuately local butchers are fading.

Another option is to look on the eat wild web site. They have a link to pasture raised beef. Many of those famers will sell you their beef.
  • Great Western Beef out of Chicago. I order steaks only and the service, shipping and product are always first rate.