Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Tonights Egg sacrifice: It has began

Options
JLOCKHART29
JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
One of my riding buddys and his wife coming over for supper tonight. Every good meal starts with alittle bread. No knead in my new Le Creuset Ebay snipe. Just took lid off to brown it. Have to wait to see whats next! :evil: NEW08111.jpg

Comments

• Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    Options
    LOL That looks really good. I love my vintage le Creuset! these three all came off eBay. the Brown one is on the egg right now with a pot of chili, using last nights left over chuckie. smells wonderful.
    lcb.jpg
    The long orange one is the best meatloaf pan ever!
    lco.jpg
    The day I got the brown pot I was taking it home and dropped it and broke the top knob. I have to get a new one but I was so mad. It was the same brown enamel, not the black one.
    lct.jpg
  • Broc
    Broc Posts: 1,398
    Options
    Have you tried the long one for French bread?

~ B
  • Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    Options
    mmmm.... no but it is now on the list, that is getting longer everyday!
  • JLOCKHART29
    Options
    Will add the complete recipe,temps and time tomorrow or later tonight for your info. Pics are pretty self explanitory. Bone in stuffed chops. My butcher showed me how to stuff'em the pro way so for those ignarnt like me hears a pic. Fresh vegs and hot and spicey shrimp. Addicted to them and go great with any meat!! A nice double expresso and cold port, a little Meatloaf and Crows. Oh yea life is good!! More to come!! NEW08112.jpgNEW08113.jpgNEW08114.jpgNEW08115.jpgNEW08116.jpgNEW08118.jpgNEW08119.jpgNEW08120.jpgNEW08121.jpg
  • JLOCKHART29
    Options
    As you can see Mainegg, the bread came out great. 30 min. w/lid on at 450 degrees and 15 min. w/o lid to brown at 450. Trade some bread for alittle chillie!!!
  • lowercasebill
    Options
    looks great!!!! what are you using to make the espresso??
    i just finished mine and have moved on to dry sack serry as a change of pace.
    bill
  • Jeffersonian
    Options
    Does your riding buddy know what a treat he's in for?
  • JLOCKHART29
    Options
    As you can see everything came out good. I did cook the chops to 149 internal for my "sis" as she doesn't like any pink in pork. To done for me. Hear is the cook: No knead bread. Will post link for recipe if needed. Cooked in my pot at 450 covered for 30 min. the removed lid for another 15 min. Perfect. Next stuffed chops. 2 Slices pepper bacon, 1/3 onion, 5 mushrooms, 1 slice common sandwitch ham, 4 cloves garlic and EVOO to saltae. Mix togeather and cook till onions tender then add 1/3 cupesh italian bread crumbs. Cut pocket in chops and stuff w/ mixture pluse 2 slices Swiss cheese crumbled into mix. After bread is cooked cool Egg to 300 degrees. Cut fresh green beans and squash along with some mushrooms and toss with EVOO and garlic pepper. Place in firesafe container and place on inverted platesetter with small rocks under container to create air space uncovered at 300 for 20 min. with smoke wood in coals. After 20 min. cover with alum. foil for rest of cook. Place chops on grill that is ontop of vegs. and cook to internal temp of 145. About 2 hrs at 300 inderect. Remove vegs and chops. Wrap chops. and stoke Egg to 400 direct and do Hot and Spicey Shrimp. If you need recipe will post it for you. Alittle smoked cheese and homemade muskedine wine for desert. No one left hungry! :laugh: Partner and his wife in forground mine in back. Jake making sure company feels welcome. ;)NEW08122.jpgNEW08123.jpgNEW08124.jpgNEW08125.jpg
  • JLOCKHART29
    Options
    Got a Gaggia Expresso with a Gaggia MDF grinder. Not a bad set up for less than $500. Get my whole beans 2 days old fom Caffe Darte in Seatle Wash. Highley recommend.
  • JLOCKHART29
    Options
    Oh yea. I cook for them about once a week as well as hot rod his Hog for him. But he's a weilder and I get my returns also. Sides, he's my partner. Don't keep score. If I broke down in Utah he'd be ther in 2 days to help as would I.
  • JLOCKHART29
    Options
    Just looked at your profile Bill. See you roast your own as well as top line machines. Glad someone else enjoys a REAL expresso straight up. I'm sort of differant. Have farm with horses and cows, ride and work on Harleys as main transportation, live to burn on the Egg and have presentation of food and enjoy a great expresso and dark brew along with alittle home brew wine. :laugh: Everything in moderation!