Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Wireless thermometer

Options
Tyger90
Tyger90 Posts: 5
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Any suggestions on a wireless thermometer that also reads the inside temperature? Also would like the wireless display to show both food cooked temperature and internal egg temperature.

Comments

• probe1957
    Options
    I want to make sure I understand your question. Are you looking for a thermometer that would tell you the temperature inside your house, the grill temp and the internal temp of the food you are grilling? If that is the case, I know of no such thermometer. Now, if you just want to know grill and food temps, that is doable.
  • Tyger90
    Options
    Good Point. Just want the inside the egg temperature and the food temperature.

Thanks
  • Grandpas Grub
    Options
    Most all on the forum will advise you to get a Maverick ET-73, meat and pit (actually grid temp)

Dual probe and remote.

Just picked got one on Monday.

Here is a discounted one. ET-7 at $39.99 plus shipping very fast service for mine.

Amazon also has the ET-7 (two meat probes and is $35 I think free shipping.

As with most forum members I prefer the ET-73

GG
  • Eggtucky
    Eggtucky Posts: 2,746
    Options
    I bought the ET-7 also since it was on sale...this is my second maverick remote thermometer though and I still lose sync between the transmitter and receiver. I can sit the receiver only a few feet away from the transmitter inside the house with only one wall between and still lose sync between the two. I wrote Maverick about this but they really didn't offer any suggestion to resolve the problem.
  • Grandpas Grub
    Options
    Call them, that is a problem. I loose sync 3 walls on my ET-7. I haven't had the 73 more than 20 feet away from the egg through a glass door.

I guess I better test the difference on my next cook. I was going to do some blackened catfish and trout tonight. But I guess not.

We had 3 days of global warming it got up to ° and ☼ nice. But now the ice age is back. Windy cold and 2" of snow in 20 minutes and snowing harder than it has in a long time. We have had 72" snow here in the valley in the last 50 days. The mountains have had about 450" (37.5') this season. For those who love to ski, this is one of the best ski seasons in a very long time.

Here is a link to the mountain cams - the picture on the right is snow and it is still daylight.

So no eggin tonight - grilled tuna sandwhices and some chili are in order.

GG
  • Hammer
    Hammer Posts: 1,001
    Options
    I use both the guru competitor and the Pro Com. In the past I have used others. I don't know if this is what you're asking however.
    Hammer