Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

bone in pork loin

Options
61chev
61chev Posts: 539
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
My daughter sent me a bone in loin about 4#. i have done loins before but not bone in. Should it take longer ao about the same amount of time and temp? planning on about 145 internal temp and 350 dome. Thanks
Gerry

Comments

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,770
    Options
    thats pretty small for a bone in pork loin, unless what you have is a country rib roast from the smaller more fatty side of the loin. if thats what it is you can slice off at the ribs, i usually cut off two bone sections and cook it like a big pork chop (country ribs). you can also cook it as a roast, sear and then roast at 325 degrees. or you can separate the ribs from the roast and cook them both at 300 degrees, doing this gives you real nice rib sections as you can cut them with plenty of meat on them. ive never seen a bone in pork loin smaller than about 8 pounds, the full piece comes in well over 15 pounds. 145 is a good finish temp. if it is a bigger piece from the center cut, you can still do it the same way, whatever you cook loins at just drop the temp down about 25 degrees so that it cooks more evenly near the bone
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it