Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Tonight's Cook

Options
Eggtucky
Eggtucky Posts: 2,746
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Carolina Style BBQ Chicken Breasts:
Think these are actually South Carolina style as the sauce and dip was mustard based:
0201008001.jpg

Cedar Planked Mashed Potatoes & Sweet Potatoes:
0201008002.jpg

If you havent tried fixin taters this way..they are awesome!!

Comments

• Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Options
    I know I and others have asked this before. I copy and paste the info for the pics and nothing happens. Am I doing it wrong, or is the system down??? How do I get to see these wonderful items??? WOW! as I just scrolled to proof this post the pics are below. What am I missing? Great pics by the way.
  • Eggtucky
    Options
    Thanks...the pix in an existing post should show up when you click on the post to read it.. it could be that either you have a slow connection to the net taking the pix a while to download, or your browser security settings are delaying you. Not sure from your post exactly what your problem is...
  • Richard Fl
    Options
    I have the cable companys road runner so it is the fastest I can get around here. When I look in the 3 modes classic, flat or threaded the Http url photo bucket info shows up. but as I just found out when I go to the reply, it has the pics below the window for the post.
  • Edemitch
    Edemitch Posts: 196
    Options
    I use Photobucket. Resize the picture to 800x600. Click on the IMG code. This will copy the picture to the clipboard. Then all you need to do is put a description in the text box and paste the picture using CTL V

Ed
  • Richard Fl
    Options
    Thank you for the info, however my frustration is that when I go to read a post, as previously described, I can't. I am not referring to post a pic, just looking at the ones previously posted. Thanks for the info.
  • Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    Options
    There is a good chance you Virus Software is blocking you getting to Photobucket. If that is the case it will depend on whether someone is using the links provided by Photo Bucket or they added it themselves

breakfast.jpg

Can you see the picture above.
  • lowercasebill
    Options
    it is getting late for me but i have been fooling around with this stuff send me an email or your phone number or i can call you and see if we can't fix this
    bill
  • Richard Fl
    Options
    YES, I see the pic, I have spy sweep and avg. Your pic has no url photobucket addy etc.. Going to see you again in Ocala? hope so!
  • Celtic Wolf
    Options
    THat was my point. My pictures are posted from MY web server. Something in Spy Sweep or AVG is blocking stuff from Photo Bucket.

Yes I am going to Ocala.. If you see me hitch-hiking it's because I am leaving my truck at the hotel.. Me, Ocala and Parking are not good :woohoo:
  • Richard Fl
    Options
    Friend of ours from melbourne just bought a summer home 2.45 miles, according to mapquest, from the event and Sunday told me to order him a large for the new home. Had fun helping him spend his $$$ Everyone wins. You making bread this year?
  • Eggtucky
    Options
    Is that pic of you Celtic??...one thing I really love about this forum is most of you are old 'sumbit**es' like me!!...lol...j/k :laugh:
  • Celtic Wolf
    Options
    Hadn't planned on it.. But you know it is St. Patrick's Day :woohoo:
  • Celtic Wolf
    Options
    Yes that is me.. I have a bottle of original dirt around here someplace.

The Lady in red in the back ground is Spring Chicken and the Orange hat is on top of tjv's head.

That was last years Texas Eggfest.
  • Eggtucky
    Options
    haha..cool..yeah I have one of those containers of dirt somewhere too except I think mine is in a can!..heh...I love the pic..good looking grub...lid of a dutch oven in one hand and bluetooth earpiece in one ear...'old school and high tech' :laugh:
  • Beanie-Bean
    Beanie-Bean Posts: 3,092
    Options
    Hmm...do you mix the regular potatoes with the sweet potatoes? Oh yeah, the chicken looks good, too.
  • Richard Fl
    Options
    Here is one option!

Potatoes, Mashed, Cedar Planked, Sweet

Richard Fl, Here is one I used last weekend and it turned out great.

INGREDIENTS:
    1 large sweet potato
    4 large potatoes
    2 Tbs (30 ml) butter
    1 Tbs (15 ml) melted butter
    1/2 cup (125 ml) 10% cream
    1/4 cup (50 ml) sour cream
    1/4 cup (50 ml) Parmesan cheese divided
    2 cloves roasted garlic - peeled and chopped
    1 Tbs (15 ml) chopped green onions
    1 Tbs (15 ml) chopped parsley
    Kosher salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
    pinch of paprika
    1 Cedar Grilling Plank

Directions:
    1 In a large saucepan boil potatoes and sweet potatoes until cooked approximately 20 minutes
    2 Mash potatoes, sweet potatoes and chopped roasted garlic together with cream, sour cream, butter and ½ the Parmesan cheese
    3 Arrange mashed mixture on buttered plank
    4 Cook on indirect heat at 350°F (175°C) for approximately 30 minutes
    5 Remove from barbeque
    6 Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste
    7 Top with melted butter, remaining Parmesan cheese, parsley, green onions and pinch of paprika
    8 Serve on plank

Recipe Type
    Side Dish

Recipe Source
    Source: BGE Forum, IBeeSmok'n, 11/11/07
  • Eggtucky
    Options
    Ayup..used the recipe for the taters you posted earlier Richard...was awesome and a big hit w/everyone at dinner...thanks!..btw..did they turn out looking like the ones you did??
  • Richard Fl
    Options
    You are welcoame! Too many single malts later. Probably my picture problem. just kidding the potatoes look great. Glad your guests enjoyed. I just did a batch of green chili smoked turkey. Now time to turn in so as I can talk to the Spring Chicken in the EARLY AM. Thanks for the help you'll! see you in the AM.
  • Beanie-Bean
    Beanie-Bean Posts: 3,092
    Options
    I appreciate you posting the recipe, and have added sweet potatoes to the grocery list ;)
  • Rick's Tropical Delight
    Options
    i'm not sure if this is your problem or not, but if someone posts a photo that is 1024 pixels wide, it won't show up in 'wide' view, but shows up in 'not wide' view. i find that strange because you'd think wide view would be able to view the wider pix!

the forum also resizes any pic to 620 pixels when not viewing in wide view. i hat that and don't want the forum displaying my photos at a reduced size cause they look pixelated! :angry: