Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Egg Food

Options
Lawn Ranger
Lawn Ranger Posts: 5,467
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
No special occasion. Just Hungry. After staring at my screen saver, just wanted to post some Egg Food pics.

LR

dinner2.jpg

fajitaburger.jpg

IMG_2267.jpg

IMG_3112.jpg

IMG_3179.jpg

IMG_3184.jpg

IMG_2337.jpg

Comments

• StumpBaby
    Options
    Yum. Steak. I don't eat steak much no more on accounta the fuzzy little misses stump is fraid i'd get mad cow desease and start to go loopy on her. Like she'd notice. I sure do miss a good steak every now and then though, mose specially from the egg. I aint rockin the bote though, cuz rite now she is watchin a show with an iron chef on there makin valen times day food with some kinda afro desiac that's sposed to make your man give up the nookie..huh..let me see..you have a man what doesn't give the nookie up with regular meals..less you got saltpeter in the salt shaker that man is plain broken...heck i get close to just a stuffed animal and if i aint wearin pants i'm ready to play ring toss in seconds..only thing what'd make me get all weird an whatnot is ifn the women has gigantic breasts an they is phosphoresent blindin white with blue veins showin all ove lookin all like a Rand McNally rode map...then that'd make playin ring toss tough..otha than that..sheegolly don't cook nuttin, just git outta them overalls and lets get piggy wid it

StumpBaby
  • RJH
    RJH Posts: 129
    Options
    Hmmm...I'm hungry now. I have never successfully cooked a salad on my egg!
  • StumpBaby
    Options
    Yum. Steak. I don't eat steak much no more on accounta the fuzzy little misses stump is fraid i'd get mad cow desease and start to go loopy on her. Like she'd notice. I sure do miss a good steak every now and then though, mose specially from the egg. I aint rockin the bote though, cuz rite now she is watchin a show with an iron chef on there makin valen times day food with some kinda afro desiac that's sposed to make your man give up the nookie..huh..let me see..you have a man what doesn't give the nookie up with regular meals..less you got saltpeter in the salt shaker that man is plain broken...heck i get close to just a stuffed animal and if i aint wearin pants i'm ready to play ring toss in seconds..only thing what'd make me get all weird an whatnot is ifn the women has gigantic breasts an they is phosphoresent blindin white with blue veins showin all ove lookin all like a Rand McNally rode map...then that'd make playin ring toss tough..otha than that..sheegolly don't cook nuttin, just git outta them overalls and lets get piggy wid it

StumpBaby
  • Lawn Ranger
    Options
    The Thermapen is an essential tool that ensures properly cooked salads on the Egg. I went through a lot of rabbit food perfecting the technique. ;)

LR
  • Little Steven
    Options
    How do you make sure you're in the centre of the lettuce and away from the bone?

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Broc
    Broc Posts: 1,398
    Options
    Why don't you just come cook ast my house and show me how to do it?

~ Broc
  • ViennaJack
    Options
    Those are beautiful pics - great composition and lighting!
  • Lawn Ranger
    Options
    I find that the lighter bone structure of leaf-type lettuce allows for a more uniform cook than the heavier boned, head varieties. I also find that Romaine, in particular, has some really good marbling characteristics that allow for great flavor releases during the cook. Of course, that's just my preference.

LR
  • Little Steven
    Options
    Lawn Ranger,

Do you do a hi temp sear first and then finish at normal? If you do it low and slow, how long is the plateau typically? Any good sauce recipes?

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Lawn Ranger
    Options
    I usually just lop off the horns, do a quick sear and serve with Tater Tots and Thousand Island Dressing. why ruin such beautiful simplicity? :woohoo:
  • Car Wash Mike
    Options
    Imposter! No tater tots. :woohoo:

Feeling better?

Mike
  • Lawn Ranger
    Options
    A day at a time.
  • Little Steven
    Options
    Ahhh, chlorophyll au jus, my favourite

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Old Salt
    Old Salt Posts: 357
    Options
    C'mon tell us exactly what you cooked and clue us in the recipe. It looks spectacular.
  • Lawn Ranger
    Options
    1. Sweet Chipotle Chicken Thighs w/ fried okra
    2. Burger w/ peppers
    3. Balsamic Pork Tenderloin Medallions
    4. Sweet Chipotle Wings
    5. and 6. Griddled Beef Tenderloin coated with butter
    7. TRex Ribeye
  • Lawn Ranger
    Options
    Thank you, Sir.
  • UGAVET
    UGAVET Posts: 577
    Options
    I really enjoy seeing the complete meal that you put together with your egg food. All of your dishes have a very rustic look to them
  • Lawn Ranger
    Options
    That's 'cause my Momma was a great cook from the old school. Now I'm approaching the age of dirt, so it just comes natural. Thanks for the kind words.

Mike