Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Super Bowl cooking (lotsa pics)

Options
AZRP
AZRP Posts: 10,116
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Started out with spicy grilled shrimp. The shrimp are peeled except for the tail section and then butterflied.
IMG_0670Small.jpg

Then they go for a short bath in the spice mixture.
IMG_0678Small.jpg

Then on to the grill for about 3 minutes a side.
IMG_0680Small.jpg

And the finished product.
IMG_0681Small.jpg

Now for some chicken wings done with the Suck Creek Wings technique. Grill them direct on a raised grid 350 dome for about 45 minutes.
IMG_0683Small.jpg

Then a couple minutes in the deep fryer.
IMG_0685Small.jpg

Then gather up the ingredients for the honey mustard garlic hot sauce.
IMG_0675Small.jpg

I simmered the mixture until the vinegar was reduced almost completely.
IMG_0687Small.jpg

Then tossed the wings with the sauce, and that was my Super Bowl eats. -RP
IMG_0688Small.jpg

Comments

• Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    Options
    Looks good! both sick here so it was not an egg night. I did not even see the end of the game :( Love the looks of the sauce on the wings! Julie
  • AZRP
    Options
    I hear ya, I caught some crud that is circulating in my office last Thursday, if I had felt better I would probably have cooked something a little more spectacular. If I was in your time zone I would have missed the end of the game too. -RP
  • Beanie-Bean
    Beanie-Bean Posts: 3,092
    Options
    Randy, may I inquire about the double grid? Did you arrange the wings there first and just put the whole thing on the main grid? Or was it to keep the wings from falling in? Or is it just my perpective of the picture? Also, how did the smoking+frying turn out on the wings? That technique has thrown me off, and I'm almost willing to experiment to see what it turns out to be like.

Sorry for all the questions...just curious.
  • JLOCKHART29
    JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    Options
    Doing some shrimp with chops and sirloin tonight and trying to figure out what to do with them. What you do to yours. They look good! Kind of want to make a "dish" like skampi or something. Haven't decided yet. It's 75 degrees today and all ready got no knead bread rising to do along with the stake and chops Trexed. Would like to roll the Hog down the road some this afternoon so trying to keep it simple and quick.
  • AZRP
    Options
    The raised grid is a BGE product, it gets the food a little farther from the fire. It was in place and the wings set on it. The smoke frying technique adds a smoky flavor to the crispy fried wings. Its more work than just frying them, but I think its worth it. -RP
  • JLOCKHART29
    JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    Options
    AZRP, Rich gave me the recepe on my "Trex" post. I forgot it was yours. Thanks! I want to keep as simple as I can with the bread and wanting a little ride time!
  • Car Wash Mike
    Options
    Nice pics Randy. Got to love that shrimp. I haven't uploaded my pics yets but had some great wings and scampi. Had to put your shrooms on hold. Long story. That doesn't look like my college day Fry Daddys. What model is that and where did you get it?
    Thanks,
    Mike

BTW, first big sausage making day it tomorrow.
  • AZRP
    Options
    That's a Euro-Pro I bought at Linens and Things. You mean to tell me you've had that grinder over a week and haven't run any meat through it? -RP
  • Car Wash Mike
    Options
  • Beanie-Bean
    Beanie-Bean Posts: 3,092
    Options
    Thanks for the clarification...the pic looks like there is a smaller grid sitting directly on top of the main grid. I have the grate extender, it was one of the first accessories I purchased, and use it quite a bit.