Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Help with Pulled Pork for office pot-luck

Options
BlueRidge
BlueRidge Posts: 84
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I know this has been covered often and I have read a fair amount through the archives but I was hoping to get some fresh perspective as well.

There is a pot-luck at the office this comming Wed. I would really like to bring some pulled pork and ABT's but I cann't imagine doing it fresh. I don't get home from work until 5:30 pm at the earliest and leave for work in the morning at 6:50. So I really feel I need to make it this weekend.

My plan is to do 8-10 lbs of raw pork, pull it, zip lock it and pop it in the fridge. We only have a small microwave at the office so I am going to bring our crock pot. From what I have read, it sounds like I should add a can of fresh Classic Coke to the mix and reheat slowly.

Should it be covered?

I will make the ABT's this weekend too (I need the pork to make 'um). I figured I would just reheat these in the nuker. Do you think a low power setting and longer reheat time would be better than high power - fewer seconds?

As I have not ventured from Elder Ward's recipe yet, I will stick with what has worked so well so far!

Thanks for the input...old forum...new forum...still a wonderfull place to hang out and learn how to cook! I really enjoy the help I find here and the massive amount of information that floats around is really fun to browse through! B)

Happy Friday.

Comments

• BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    if you use the coke and crock pot thing i would judge for yourself howmuch to put in there. you do not have to submerge the pp in the coke. just adding enough liquid to sdteam it... the abt's yes i would use the lower settings. also you can make the abt's ahead of time then cook them for an hour on tuesday night....

HTH
    ;)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb