Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First Babybacks

Options
Twy
Twy Posts: 2
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I thought I would share the results of my first ribs on my new egg. I tried to follow carwash mikes guidelines. I cooked them at 250 for about 5 hours, but they still didn't satisfy Mike's doneness guidelines (didn't bend when picked up, meat didn't pull back from bones), and the natives were getting restless. :blink:
So, of course the taste was excellent and they were pretty tender, but not fall off the bone. Might try later this week, maybe use the 3-1-1 method instead :unsure:

So lets see if I can successfully post a pic.... :huh:
Well here's a link...

http://gallery.mac.com/scottandgina#100011

Appreciate anyone's suggestions for improvements....

Comments

• Mike in Abita
    Options
    Good looking picts.

Should have waited till they were done. These were 3-.75-1 yesterday. Perfection. But the ribs told me when they were done, not my watch.

Good luck and remember getting there is half the fun.

Ribs015.jpg
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    Twy,That is one sweet looking egg. A little more time, a little more patience and you will be there. Remember that foil and towels in a cooler will hold stuff at serving temps for a long time.Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Beanie-Bean
    Beanie-Bean Posts: 3,092
    Options
    I think that you'll find that Car Wash Mike's 3-1-1 technique will give you the "fall off the bone" doneness that you're looking for. Keep experimenting and tweaking your technique on the BGE. As a long-time cooker on kettle and gas grills, I had to read through lots of posts on the forum, as well as research all the different BGE owners' sites to learn how to cook the food on the egg so that it came out reasonably close to how I'd prepared it before on different cookers. After numerous "experiments" I'm still learning how to cook things on the BGE.

You'll find that there are lots of helpful folks here on the forum who are always willing to lend a helpful hand to get you through your cooks.