Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

2AM CST Forum Check

Beanie-BeanBeanie-Bean Posts: 3,092
edited 5:33PM in EggHead Forum
SC, don't worry about this one...I'll be taking the weekend watch for ya!

Plumbing check: definitely a check
Forum check: check

I decided to try and be a smarty-pants and see what it would take to put together a table for the small, and decided that I may be going to pick up a nest in the morning. Hehe! The cost of the tools required to make one of those fancy Naked Whiz tables, along with the investment in time is something I'll get to do later on...right now, I gotta get the SBGE off the ground.

Been checking out the grate mates, also--they look like they would be coming in handy.

Happy Egging this weekend!

Comments

• Good morning fellow Eggheads, especially you Beanie-Bean. It's me again. Yep! My plumbing alert went off indicating a pressure buildup in the overflow line. Took care of it. Thanks for covering for me.

Actually, it was the second alert since 11:00 PM Central Texas Time. Same problem. Could be a faulty valve, but most likely an intake issue. Sometimes certain additives in the carbon unit's nightly liquid replenishment program tend to create false signals.

I took the liberty of making the rounds to check other devices including perimeter securing devices and the refrigerator light. All of it is working properly. Rodney Dangerbird waved to say the Coop is also secure. He text-messaged me earlier to ask why I was up at 2300 hours and didn't acknowledge him.

Even though Beanie-Bean said he would cover for me, I think I still need to perform a Forum Check. Makes me sleep better knowing what's going on. And it would appear that 5 Members and 200 Guests agree that checking the Forum is a good idea at 2:00 am. I certainly appreciate the help though. That gives me great comfort while I'm in the carbon unit recharging device.

Since everything is in good hands it's time to say goodnight Leroy.

Spring "Leading A Big Bunch Of Me To The Promised Bed" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • JLOCKHART29JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    Ohhhh That a differance a good nights sleep makes. With working off graveyards, duck hunting and back on 4:00am days my sleep log was way behind. Went to bed last night at 6:30 and in a coma by 6:40. Plumming check at 9:15 and next thing I know Zepplin is jamming "Black Dog" on the radio indicating its time to face the day. Still living off Egg left overs from Thursday night. Got one lamb chop and a duck quarter for dinner and will be out. Guess wife is cooking supper. We missed the big "snow". Looks rain down below in lower La. and moving out so guess the Hog will get lubercated this morning. Got to brew my double expresso and leather up. Lots of cooks today. Good Egging. Jake said: "Keep track of friends and family on the much improved Egg forum now at .net. Low complaints and more interaction." NEW08022-2.jpg