Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

2:22 AM Forum Check

Options
Spring Chicken
Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
My internal clock must be working properly again 'cause at 2:00 AM the plumbing started acting up and tripped the alarm. Off to the maintenance room and it only took a minute to open the valve and relieve the pressure. Plumbing check completed.

Checked the refrigerator light and it's working great. Looked brighter for some reason. As Martha would say, "that's a good thing."

Rodney Dangerbird appeared to be surprised that I was up at 2:00 instead of 3:00, but I think he was just pushing my wing some after a couple of mornings I slept late. Won't let me forget. I keep reminding him that he's skillet fodder but he just crows and crows. Crazy bird. Good security guard, but still crazy.

Don't need what Woot has tonight.

Meanwhile, there are only 3 Members and 144 Guests hanging around. Some of them may have already gone to bed but still had a few minutes on their log-on clock. Anyway, it will probably be more active Friday night as the overnight cooks kick in.

Say goodnight Leroy.

Spring "Flying South Forty Feet For The Winter Night" chicken
Spring Texas USA

Comments

• JLOCKHART29
    JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    Options
    Chicken, Me and the critters are up but just barley. Got to leave for work at 3:30 am. Not much sleep going on for last 3 days: working off graveyards, duck hunting, and pumped up last night after doing my 1st Trex with sirloin and lamb chops. Pledge to get to bed by 7:00 tonight and let wife burn dust of the stove. Anyway, horses feed and medicated, dog aired out, cats waiting for breakfast scraps and of course Jake who says: Pick up some meat on the way home. It is the week end you know? NEW08021-1.jpg
  • Michael B
    Michael B Posts: 986
    Options
    Did you get your blood test results back?
    You haven't mentioned anything, so I'm guessing everything checked fine.

Vacation is over, father-in-law is back home, and I'm back at work.
  • Spring Chicken
    Options
    Hey, thanks for asking. Forgot all about it, but yes, all is well.

Actually had two blood tests and stayed up all night studying for both of them. The first one was just to check all my blood numbers. All good. The second one was to check kidney/liver enzymes to see if my medicines were causing problems. Clean. Heart and lungs sounded good too. So I'm good for go.

Looks like y'all are gonna have to put up with me for a while longer.

Spring "Fit As A Bass Fiddle" Chicken
  • Spring Chicken
    Options
    You're a busy man. Went duck hunt'n in an earlier life and decided ain't no duck worth that. Froze the family jewelry. Never pulled a trigger on one.

Also fed horses before dawn made a little bitty crack. Slopped a hog or two and shucked some corn and ground it to feed the chickens. Saddled up and was miles into the Louisiana woods listening for our bell cow by sun up. That was back in open range days. Never be like that again.

Wouldn't trade the memories for anything but I sure don't want to do it again.

Spring "Farm Life Sets You Straight" Chicken
  • Michael B
    Michael B Posts: 986
    Options
    It took a long time for me to get back here, but good news is always in style.
    I need to stop procrastinating and schedule a check-up for myself.