Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Dalai Lama reveals secret of deep relaxation!

Options
[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Posts: 0
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
So THAT'S how he does it.... I should have known!!!

dalia_lama_bge4.jpg

Comments

• Rusty Rooster
    Options
    I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    hahaha. that's pretty good. will that be part of a national ad campaign?
    nice job!

can i suggest a small tweak?:
    flip the egg horizontally. the dalai is lit from the left, but the egg is shown lit from the right. you do have the egg shadow from its leg going in the correct direction, though. and maybe a tiny bit of sharpenening to the egg, or blurring of the dalai lama, to marry them more.

(sorry for the tips, it's a professional habit!)
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    I noticed the same thing, but differently. The bottom draft door slides the wrong way.

You artsy types.....sheesh :blink:
  • The Naked Whiz
    Options
    Two minute minor on WPB for using the same photo twice, LOL!
    The Naked Whiz
  • Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Ya dude. The light directions are immediately noticeable. But, HEY. He's a mystical kinda guy. Seems to fit actually.
    Cheers
    Chris
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • stike
    Options
    my dirty little trade secret is that i will add as many suns as i need to light a scene. hahahaah

my buddy jokes that sometimes a rendering looks like it was done for a building on Tatooine!

cheers back atcha, Chris
  • Lazydogsaloon
    Options
    Wow, you guys are good. I just saw a funny photo and let it go but after reading I had to go back and look deep.. Nice job pointing out all the stuff I failed to notice on my first pass.

Lazydog B)
  • stike
    Options
    we're just goofing. i'd hate to post my stuff here for a critique! i think he did a great job.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Always being one to try and hone my Photoshop skills, I've attempted to apply some of your suggestions (you left out that I did not have transparent holes in the spatcula, or it's handle, and that his robe should covering some of the tip of the handle). Click on my original post to see updated image. No, it's not perfect, but it's better (and it sure beats that photo of Oswald with the rifle and newspaper, which I found suspect at the age of 9!).

I did this in like 15 minutes, on a lark... yeah, I used it in a previous post of "chastisment" (I'll take my 2 minutes in the "Penalty Box" TNW ;) )... but it was buried in posts and thought you all might find that the photo of his holiness would bring some levity to the bumpy transition period.

BTW, to my utter and complete surprise... I received an email from the Dalai Lama himself this AM (no kidding, THE Dalai Lama!)... Apparently he's been a lurker on the forum for quite some time!... He said he'll be attending the next Eggtoberfest.... He also said the all of you should practice your deep breathing and SPEND MORE TIME EGGING! ;)
  • BigT
    BigT Posts: 385
    Options
    I hear he's trying to get on at Augusta while he's in town for Eggtoberfest...big hitter, the Lama.
  • Lazydogsaloon
    Options
    I understand. I really enjoyed going back as "seeing" all of the things your guys pointed out.

Lazydog B)
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    I did two loops for the Lama. When the rounds were over I kind of looked at him. He told me that no money would be exchanging hands, but on my deathbed I would receive total enlightenment, so I've got that going for me - which is nice.

My all time favorite movie. Yes, I can quote nearly all of it. I do need to get a life.