Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT...question about forum

Options
icemncmth
icemncmth Posts: 1,165
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
OK...[p]I am not trying to start something...I have been busy and without electricity for a while ..[p]So ...[p]I have known for a while that there are two different forums...[p]and I have know there has been problems...and I understand. So are we going to shift over to the new forum? the .net or are we still going to run both..[p]I ask because I will be busy doing geek things for a while and I need to know where to go in a few months or so...[p]Thanks...

Comments

• Jeffersonian
    Jeffersonian Posts: 4,244
    Options
    I think this is the forum of the future...and always will be ;)
  • Michael B
    Michael B Posts: 986
    Options
    icemncmth,[p]Most everyone has gone over to the new forum.
    I find the new place very frustrating.
    You can't just go to the website and view the posts, you have to go through a maze first.
    When you pull up a post to read and want to go back to the forum, be careful what you click; that teeny font can send you off to never never land and you have to start all over again.

• Michael B
    Options
    icemncmth,[p]Oh yes,
    NEVER use the back button!

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    dude... LIGHTEN UP!

We just started initial final deployment just over a week ago... we're getting the bugs identified, worked out, and fixed as fast as two guys with day jobs can... why not take a deep breath, swallow a chill pill, and relax... fire up your Egg and enjoy the "Zen of Egg"...

...it just so happens that it's one of the Dalai Lama's best kept secrets!

dalia_lama_bge4.jpg
  • Michael B
    Options
    But what does he cook in it?
    Oh yes, they can have dairy. I guess he's smoking goat cheese.

The only real gripe I have is having to try two or three times to get in the first tome each day, and then hitting a wrong link because I can’t read any of them, getting sent off into la-la land, and having to start all over again. That, and having to stop at the dentist on the way home this morning after a 20 hour shift!
  • Mike in Abita
    Options
    icemncmth,[p]It is my understanding that both forums will eventually merge and ultimately will be here. The .net forum is under a lot of Beta testing and once the bugs are squashed this format will go away. [p]Good luck with your upgrades and we will be here when you return.[p]Mike[p]Enjoy some ribs till you get back.[p]DSC_0011.jpg
  • Frank from Houma
    Options
    I was only on the old forum a relatively short time (4-5 weeks) and switched from the dark side a week or so after this one was was being talked about. I Haven't had one issue during the whole process of signing up and using the forum a few times a day. If you don't like the font size - change it. It is easily changed by using control + (or minus if you want it smaller) keys. Good luck on your next cook.
  • WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Options
    icemncmth,
    You got additional replies on the new forum...what's posted here shows over there but not the other way....once all of the bugs have been worked out in the new forum, it will appear at this web address....so the "OLD" forum will more or less just vanish one day, might be in your best interest to try the new forum in case you have any issues, and you can take care of them now before the switch actually happens..[p]Wess

• Braddog
    Braddog Posts: 212
    Options
    Which URL will we ultimately use, .com or .net? Or will both point to the same place?

Inquiring minds want to know (even if it doesn't really matter) :)

Cheers,
    Braddog
  • WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Options
    It's my understanding that the .com will be the one to use, I really don't know what will become of the .net side, I kinda thought that it will just disappear....let's see if WMK will clear things up...
  • AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    I saw a post I think was from BobbyQ that said it will be the new format at the .com site. -RP
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    I agree with you, I recall a post (maybe even two) that stated once the beta testing is done, this format will be moved to the .com domain and will replace the old forum altogether.
  • WMK
    WMK Posts: 1,747
    Options
    When the transition is complete, the URL will be the same as the old forum.
  • icemncmth
    icemncmth Posts: 1,165
    Options
    That is what I thought..because the .net forum has been around for a while...and I have used both over the years..

I run a couple of other forums so I know it can be a pain to find a format people will like and one that doesn't cost a buch...

good luck..and I will keep on egging..