Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

MAVERICK ET-73 ENDURANCE TEST & GIVEAWAY.

Options
SmokinGuitarPlayer-disabled
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
On October 6th , 2007 , we started testing the battery life for the Maverick ET-73 Dual Probe, remote smoker/food thermometer. The factory said "they last for months, just leave the unit turned on" so we thought we'd see if this was true and have some fun by making a contest out of it and awarding the NEW ET-73 to the person that guessed the closest time to the day the batteries quit.

So we took a new, totally virgin ET-73, installed the factory-supplied batteries in the transmitter and receiver and fired it up. It has been sitting on our shelf, on display ever since. It is now ALMOST 3 months and I think the point has been proved, the batteries do last for "months". I have another really excellent contest I need to start so it's time to end this one and give the bugger away to some lucky person. So on Jan 7, we're just going to print out all the entries, stick them in a Large Egg (there are many hundred of them) and pick one lucky winner.

So .. if you would like to enter, or send in another entry (we'll take one more each from anybody) do it now! Just go to our web site, home page and there is a link there to the contest entry form.

NEXT GIVEAWAY TO START IN A WEEK OR SO .... THE PRIZE ?...here are some hints.
1. It's green
2. it's cute
3. most eggheads want one.

Regards and Happy Eggin.
Fred B. / SmokinGuitarPlayer

Comments

• citychicken
    Options
    i thought the et-73 was going to by my christmas present since my guess was 12/25/07. but i will gladly accept it on the 7th- just in time for my birthday.

by the way fred, when will you be doing another how to on the mini? i really liked the first three. i finally did the chicken on the standing roaster which came out better than i ever expected. thanks for the useful tips.

the mini is really more versatile than most would ever imagine.
  • SmokinGuitarPlayer
    Options
    YOu are right ..the Mini Rocks!
    I will be doing more installments of the Mini cooking ideas in the future ..I've been working on videos (posted on the web site and youtube) and they take a lot of time to shoot/edit etc. ... Just shot one cooking Boston Butt on Medium but still have to edit it.

Anyway ... I'll post the winner after Jan 7 for the ET-73.

Speaking of Mini's ...It is time to sell off our demo eggs ..new eggs with a little use by our staff at our daily demos we sell at Eggfest prices... Must be picked up at our store.. .I have a Mini, Extra Large and a Large demo egg. Any interest email to me off list.

Happy Eggin.
    Fred A. Bernardo , owner of Tasty Licks BBQ Supply in Shillington, Pa.