Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

WMK...got a new forum misunderstanding

Options
WessB
WessB Posts: 6,937
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I logged in to the "new" forum today and noticed something that I didn't expect.......None of the posts I had read from home last night were marked as read......Doesn't the server keep a read post marked as read...relating to the users login not the puter they are using ???? Or is this just a result of so many things being worked out on the server at this point iin the game.....

Comments

• hawkegg
    hawkegg Posts: 97
    Options
    May have to do with your personal comp. MIne are all marked as read. Have you deleted your cookies recently or cleaned your internet history. Mine use to be set up to clear everytime it closed.
  • WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Options
    Yes on my work puter I do clear everything daily...but as I asked, I "thought" given that we had logins...it would be marked on the actual forum / server rather than in a cookie....Like I said...misunderstanding....I most likely just had the wrong idea of how it was supposed to work...Thanks for your reply...
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    Mine is the same way Wess. Same as the old forum. Anything I read on one will not show as read on the other if you are looking at the color of the hyperlinks to determine read status. That is a browser specific history feature.

You can read posts in Firefox on one PC, then open IE and they will not show as read. Likewise, switching PCs will not show them as read.

Many other forums do have a feature that will return a list of unread posts - that feature is forum/board driven and does operate off your login info. However I have been unable to locate that feature on this forum, if the feature is a part of this particular software package.