Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Florida Eggfest Hotel Rooms - Mar 14 & 15

Options
QBabe
QBabe Posts: 2,275
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I had to add more rooms to the block yesterday. They are going FAST, so if you haven't yet made your reservations, grab them up!

Here's the basic info about the 'Fest. I'm working on getting the webpages done and hope to have the site up soon, but in the meantime, this will give you a bit of information.

I'll be out of town this weekend, so won't be able to respond, so if anyone has questions or replies, I'll catch up to you on Monday. Happy Egging!

WHEN
The 6th Annual Florida Eggfest is planned for March 14 and 15, 2008 in Ocala, Florida.

WHERE
For the 6th year, our event will be held at Silver River State Park, 1425 NE 58th Avenue, Ocala FL 34470.

From I-75, take SR40 east to SR35. Turn right onto SR35 (at Wild Waters). The entrance to the park will be on the left approximately one mile.

From I-95, take SR40 west to SR35. Turn left onto SR35 (at Wild Waters). The entrance to the park will be on the left approximately one mile.

HOST HOTEL

The Holiday Inn Express is brand new, and is less than a mile from the entrance to the park. We have a block of 15 rooms reserved, with potential for adding more, if they are available and needed.

There are 2 types of rooms, "regular" rooms and "suites". All of the rooms have the following:

32" Flat Screen TV with cable & HBO
Complimentary High Speed Internet Access
In room coffee maker, refrigerator and microwave
Hair dryer, iron, and ironing board
100% non-smoking and pet-free

In addition to the above amenities, the suites also have a "small wet bar/sink".
There is a complimentary breakfast, a Business Center, and a Fitness Center & pool for your enjoyment.

We have negotiated a group rate of $125.00/night for the "regular" rooms and $135.00/night for the "suites".

If you call the hotel directly at 352-304-6111 to make your reservation, mention you are part of the "Florida Eggfest" or mention the group code EGG if calling the central reservations 800-HOLIDAY.

IMPORTANT: The Eggfest is Friday, March 14th & Saturday, March 15th, 2008. That is also Gator Nationals weekend, so the rooms will disappear FAST. Get yours TODAY!

DEMO EGGS

We are pleased to offer demo eggs at discounted prices for registered attendees of the Florida Eggfest. Our dealer "Fireside Hearths & Grills" in St. Augustine, Florida has offered to pre-sell eggs to be used on Saturday, March 15th during the cooking demonstrations.

Please contact Fritz Smickle via email at fhg@se.rr.com or phone (904) 819-9770 to place your order.

We will begin registration for the 'Fest as soon as I get the web pages finished and up online.

See you there!!!

Comments