Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

The Last Supper of 2007

Options
TRex
TRex Posts: 2,714
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
newyearsflat1_Web.jpg
<p />The Faulkners closed out 2007 with some flat irons. Mmm-mmm good.[p]2007 was a year of big changes for me: some great, some not so great; but one thing that has remained constant for me is this wonderful group of Eggers. Thank you all for your friendships, pics, tips, and good humor. [p]My best to all of you in 2008.[p]Happy New Year![p]TRex

Comments

• woolyegg
    Options
    TRex,Supper was wonderful here last night too! The roast was bigger than the "dog" LOL Julie
    ribdone.jpg[p]doodandribSmall.jpg[p]

• TRex
    Options
    Juliem4444,[p]HAHA - beautiful roast, very funny pic![p]Happy New Year![p]TRex
  • DynaGreaseball
    Options
    Juliem4444,[p]That a Maltese?[p]You should entitle that pic "Ambitious"[p]funny pic.[p]Happy New Year[p]
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    TRex,[p]Nice steak Jason.[p]Happy New Year to you and your family as well my friend.

• woolyegg
    Options
    DynaGreaseball, she is Maltese and miniature poodle. We took her in last year as her owner died and no one would take her. She is 13 yrs old with "issues" But no issues that we see as long as we do eggzacty as she wants! LOL We have always had big dogs, a pair of deaf Dalmatians was our last and we were heart broken when the last one died. This one needed a home and ours was empty. We had wanted to go smaller but this was not what was planned. She is 6 pounds dripping wet, and was under 4 lbs when we got her, had been shut in her old home for 10 days with no care. It was petty sad, can you say SUCKER?? LOL she rules our world now like no other dog has, or was allowed. and the adult boys remind us of it every time they see her. we spent an hour the week before Christmas backtracking through town in the dark to 5 different stores, with a car hauler behind our truck trying to find "ducky" it had fallen out of the truck and Hubby said we had to find it! that is her only toy and it came with her and she will not touch anything else. I have to cook rice and chicken and vegis 4 times a week for her. she gets sick with anythign else and won't eat. like I said SUCKER LOL. Julie
    P.S. we decided that the last owner did not die, she is on a beach somewhere laughing at us!

• Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Options
    TRex,
    Great end of the year cook. How fitting Jason.[p]Mike

• cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Juliem4444,
    Great pic and very funny story!
    Thanx for the laugh!
    Molly

Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • TRex
    Options
    Fidel,[p]Thanks buddy. Keep those great pics coming![p]jason
  • TRex
    Options
    Car Wash Mike,[p]The funny thing is that, after finishing his second helping, my dad said, "You know, I can't believe I'm saying this, but I think I'm tired of beef."[p]We certainly cooked a lot of it this holiday, and were blessed with being able to do so. Today I head back to Atlanta and single apartment life - that means pb&js and turkey sandwiches, and the occasional cheap table wine instead of single malt scotches.[p]Happy New Year to you and your family, Mike![p]jason
  • Fidel
    Options
    TRex,[p]You're only about 20 miles (and 3 hours in Atlanta traffic) away from me.[p]You are welcome at the house any time! I would be honored to have you for dinner. I don't own any scotch, but I have plenty of bourbon that I can use to convert you - and a pretty nice wine collection.[p]Drive safely.
  • TRex
    Options
    Fidel,[p]Any Pappy Van Winkle??[p]Thank you very much for the invite - I will definitely have to take you up on it in '08![p]Looking forward to the "conversion,"[p]TRex
  • Fidel
    Options
    TRex,[p]Currently 4 bourbons in stock:[p]~ Woodford Reserve
    ~ Rock Hill Farms
    ~ Basil Hayden's
    ~ Maker's Mark[p]I've had Pappy's in the past and it isn't bad. I'll convert you with the Rock Hill.

• Dimple's Mom
    Dimple's Mom Posts: 1,740
    Options
    Juliem4444,
    Great doggy story. She is a lucky pup to have you![p]Yummy looking roast and I especially like your plates![p]Gwen