Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Happy New Year!

Options
Cornfed
Cornfed Posts: 1,324
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Happy New Year, everyone![p]I'm getting old, and my New Year party is already winding down. Considering it consisted of just two people, that means one of us already went to sleep. So there you go.[p]But I'm still awake, so I thought I'd make my first post of 2008.[p]I didn't cook this evening and we went out instead, but tomorrow I have flank steak and chicken breasts plus an assortment of snacks. I'll continue my Cuban food kick (thanks again, Santa) and will do some Churrasco style steaks (using flank instead of skirt). Will make a mojo marinade consisting of lots of garlic, salt, pepper, and oregano mixed with an approximation of "sour orange" juice (two parts oj to 1 part each of lemon and lime juice). Grill hot and fast and will serve with home-made chimichurri sauce.[p]For the chicken breasts, no idea. But again keeping in theme, will likely just give them a similar treatment.[p]I hope you all had happy, healthy, and safe New Years. And may all of your BGE meals in 2008 encourage resounding HEEEEEEEEEs!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cornfed

Comments