Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ribs

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
My wife got a deal on some boneless ribs? I know, but I have to cooke them. I am thinking that low and slow would not be good. How about direct at 350 after applying a nice dry rub tonight. Any thoughts?

Comments

• Car Wash Mike
    Options
    Robert Henderson,
    Depending what kind of cut of meat you have. I'm assuming pork. They can come from the butt (more fat) or the loin (less fat). If they come from the loin, you are basically cooking pork chops at that temp. If they came from the butt, low and slow would be the way to go. See what kind of fat is in the meat. Then decide. Either way, it doesn't take long to dry these ribs out.[p]Mike

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Robert Henderson,
    Boneless like McRib?? Seems like you wouldn't have a lot to work with if you took the bones out of the ribs.
    Or are they sliced up boneless "country" ribs....or shoulder meat?[p]If they have a lot of colagen and fat then 275-300 might be a better direct heat to use. You'll prolly need to go to 165-170 internal if they are from the shoulder. Not sure what size they are....or what you have even...so hard to guess a time.[p]Not sure if it helps, but I'm having fun typing.
    Beers!
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Nature Boy,
    Thanks for the info. These are very lean and probably more like a small pork loin. The package reads "finger". There is quite a bit of meat and very lean.

• Car Wash Mike, My point exactly, they are very lean and reselmble more of a loin cut. The package reads "fingers".

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Robert Henderson,
    Amazing how they label stuff these days. Like CWM sez, cook it hot! Grill it like a chop or a steak to 140 internal. Or until it feels done![p]Boneless finger ribs could be a big hit!
    Have fun with it, and happy new year.
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Car Wash Mike
    Options
    plchops2.jpg
    <p />Robert Henderson,
    "fingers", never heard that on a package of fresh meat before. Smoke with a little apple wood, add a sweet sauce (if that is what you like) for the last 20 minutes. I would still cook low and slow. I do that with my thick cut pork chops.
    Always moist.[p]Mike

• Car Wash Mike,
    Thanks for both of you replying. It realy helps...One fire it up, one low and slow. I guess I will flip a coin and figure it out. I will let you know how it turns out. Thanks,