Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Living Right

uncbbq
uncbbq Posts: 165
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I just got a call from my son in Milwaukee. The medium egg I gave him last year tipped over while he was moving it. It landed square on the handle and nothing broke or bent except the ceramic top which fell off and shattered. I can't imagine it didn't break something, but apparently landing square on the handle diffused the shock somehow. He feels he's learned a cheap lesson about care in moving the egg. Talk about good luck.

Comments

• uncbbq,
    Sound like he dodged a big bullet. He might want to check with his local dealer. After I broke my ceramic top I contacted my dealer. He said he had plenty around. When he sells his with the daisy most people don't want the ceramic. He actually gave me one. I like to put my daisy inside the egg when finished cooking and use ceramic under my cover.

• uncbbq,
    sounds like he was pushing it and not pulling it. [p]always pull the eggs to move them, that way if it falls, it'll land on you and less chance of breaking

• mb168
    mb168 Posts: 265
    Rick's Tropical Delight,[p]Funny, let it land on you, the body can heal itself, the egg can't be put back together again. Someone should write a story about that....