Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Did my turkey today

Options
SSN686
SSN686 Posts: 3,504
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Morning All:[p]Yesterday we were invited to a friend's house for afternoon dinner and then to our son's in-laws for an evening meal. Since they were doing the turkey I decided to wait until today to do one. I did cook a pumpkin pie, a cherry pie, sausage stuffing and some herb/parmesan bread to take to the afternoon gathtering.[p]Here are the two pies:[p]PB220003.jpg[p]and the bread (didn't get a pic of the stuffing).[p]PB220006.jpg[p]The turkey today was a 12# fresh turkey that I brined for about 36 hours in the John Ash brine and cooked using some cherry for smoke. It was a somewhat modified Mad Max version in that I wasn't planning on making any gravy and didn't have anything to stick in the cavity. I did use some herbed butter under and on the skin, plus poured some wine on it.[p]Here it is after about a hour:[p]PB230010.jpg[p]Just before taking off the Egg:[p]PB230011.jpg[p]and up close.[p]PB230017.jpg[p]Definitely a lot more moisture that either one of the birds I ate yesterday.[p]Have a GREAT day!
Jay

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

Comments