Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

recipe

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
In the BGE manual there is a recipe for pork medallions in mustard cream suace. I am traveling without my manual and need that recipe. Can somebody tell me what it is?

Comments

• Susan Egglaine
    Options
    Herky,
    In the BGE operating manual and cookbook? I did not see it.
    Sorry

• Rascal
    Rascal Posts: 3,923
    Options
    Herky, I just got my BGE and the book that came with it was revised on 1/07. Not in there so perhaps you have an earlier edition. Perhaps you can work something out from the link below.

[ul][li]Pork Medallions[/ul]
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    Herky,
    i think this is what you are looking for[p]Pork meadallions in mustard sauce[p]2- 3/4 lb pork tenderloins Mustard Sauce
    3 tbs vedgetable oil 1 3/4c whipping cream
    1 tbs coarse-grain mustard 1/4c coarse grain mustard
    1/2tsp salt 1/4tsp salt
    1/2tsp pepper 1/8tsp pepper
    1/4c white wine[p]
    combine oil, mustard,salt, and pepper stirring well. rub muzture over pork. place pork in a plastic bag and refrigerate for 8 hours[p]place tenderloins on grill 300 deg. cook for 25 minuets or until done, basting every 10 min with mine. while cookin, prepare mustard sauce. to serve slice into 3/4' slices. Spoon mustard sauce over slices.[p]Mustard Sauce: combine all ingredients. mix well[p]autor; Brenda anderson
    Marietta,GA[p]source BGE manual pg 48
    posted by t. BENTE 11/24/07[p][p]happy eggin
    tb[p]

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Chef Arnoldi
    Options
    Herky,ok - i give up!! you tell me which one it is:[p]
    Bourbon Pork Tenderloin with Sour Cream Mustard Sauce
    Description:
    Ingredients:
    • ¼ Cup Soy Sauce
    • ¼ Cup Bourbon
    • 2 Tbs Brown Sugar
    • 2 Pork Tenderloins
    • 1/3 Cup Sour Cream
    • 1/3 Cup Mayonnaise
    • 1 ½ tsp Dry Mustard
    • 2-3 Green Onions, chopped

Instructions: Combine soy sauce, bourbon, and brown sugar in a small bowl. Place marinade in a zip-top bag and add pork tenderloins. Refigerate for several hours or overnight.
    Combine sour cream, mayonaise, dry mustard, and green onions and chill for several hours, or overnight.
    Place pork tenderloins over a pan in the BGE and smoke for 45 minutes at 375* F, basting several times with the reserved marinade.

Notes: Allow to cool 5 minutes before slicing.
    Serve sauce on the side.
    Serve it sliced on a platter with the sauce in a pretty bowl in the middle. The tenderloin is great served hot or cold. It also is good sliced and placed on rolls topped with the sauce.
    Number Of Servings: Source: Karin Calloway, Augusta Chronical [p]Author: Bryan Email: bryan@morris.com
    ====================== or ================[p]Pork Loin With Mustard
    Description: This is another variation of preparing a Pork Loin and adapted from the original to fit the "BGE" system of "ceramic" cooking.
    Ingredients:
    • 8 Oz Non Fat Yogurt
    • 2 Clove Garlic minced
    • 1 tsp kosher salt
    • ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
    • 2 Tbs sugar
    • 2 Tbs mustard seed
    • 1 Polder digital /internal /remote temperature thermometer with cable.or a instant read meat thermometer

Instructions: Combine the yogurt, 1 teaspoon of the salt and pepper in a small bowl.
    Place the pork loin in a shallow baking dish and coat well with the yogurt, salt/pepper mixture.
    Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for several hrs or overnight.
    When ready let the loin set at room temp for 1 hr before cooking.[p]Pre heat your "BGE" to 300F-350F degrees and stabilized. (Ave. 325F)
    Use a HD rib rack or roasting rack above a drip pan (FB is a option)
    FB = Firebrick or pizza stone over the grill with drip pan and rack.
    Wipe the yogurt marinate from the loin and place it on the rib rack sitting in the drip pan.
    Combine sugar and mustard seeds and coat the loin with the mixture.
    Sprinkle the loin with some additional kosher salt lightly.
    Put in the Egg and roast for approximately 1 hour and a half at 300F-350F degrees, and then raise the temperature in the egg to 450 degrees by opening the vents wider, especially the bottom vent.
    Continue roasting (approximately ½ hour longer) untill you reach 145F-150F degrees on the internal thermometer.
    This will give a crispy outer crusting.
    Remove from the Egg, let stand 15 minutes, (I would wrap in aluminum foil for this period), and then slice and serve with your favorite sauce or sides.[p]
    Notes: Add smoking woods, ie, hickory, apple, etc, to the charcoal in the "BGE" after lighting just before inserting your meats. It will take a few minutes for the "BGE" to come back to your set temperature. Wait for a while before adjusting vents any further to be sure of stability.
    Insert the Polder thermometer in the thickest portion of the meat parallel to the bone if a bone in loin.
    Remember to remove the polder when crisping the outer layer of the loin at 450F degrees. A limit of 375F is tops for the Polder and cable. Crisping is only a option..and can be excluded. Just add a bit more time and wait for the proper internal temperature of 145F-150F

Author: Char-Woody Email: [p]

• Susan Egglaine
    Options
    BENTE,
    My manual is only 28 pages long. BUMMER!

• BENTE
    Options
    BENTE,
    i copied and pasted my original into word and fixed all my typo's and here is the revised edition[p]Pork medallions in mustard sauce
    2- 3/4 lb pork tenderloins Mustard Sauce
    3 tbs. vegetable oil 1 3/4c whipping cream
    1 tbs. coarse-grain mustard 1/4c coarse grain mustard
    ½ tsp. salt 1/4tsp salt
    ½ tsp pepper 1/8tsp pepper
    ¼ c white wine [p]Combine oil, mustard, salt, and pepper stirring well. Rub mixture over pork. Place pork in a plastic bag and refrigerate for 8 hours
    Place tenderloins on grill 300 deg. cook for 25 minuets or until done, basting every 10 min with mine. While cooking, prepare mustard sauce. To serve slice into 3/4' slices. Spoon mustard sauce over slices.
    Mustard Sauce: combine all ingredients. Mix well
    Author; Brenda Anderson
    Marietta,GA
    Source BGE manual pg 48
    posted by t. BENTE 11/24/07

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Chef Arnoldi
    Options
    BENTE, what's with the double ingredients listed ?
    1 tbs. coarse-grain mustard 1/4c coarse grain mustard
    ½ tsp. salt 1/4tsp salt
    ½ tsp pepper 1/8tsp pepper[p]

• BENTE
    Options
    Susan Egglaine,
    mine has 109!!!!!!!!!!!! [p]i guess that is good because in 01 when i got my egg i did not have a computer and no one i knew had a egg, also i did not have a vcr i had a dvd and BGE was not giving them away yet. i still don't think i have watched the whole egg DVD. i finally did get the dvd with may small last year and i gave it to a friend who bought a large at this year's eggtoberfest. i gave away the manual i got with my small to a friend so i'm not sure how long the current one is.[p]
    happy eggin
    tb

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Bevo
    Bevo Posts: 179
    Options
    chefarnoldi,[p]The first entry on each of those three lines is mixed with the vegetable oil to make the overnight marinade. The second entry on each of those three lines is mixed with the 1 3/4 cup of whipping cream to make the mustard sauce.[p]I was scratching my head as well until I realized it was a formatting problem.[p]Hoping Texas beats the Aggies today,
    Bevo (Colin)

• BENTE
    Options
    chefarnoldi,
    the margins will not set right there should be two coloms one for the mustard sauce one for the pork. oh well [p]Pork medallions in mustard sauce
    2- 3/4 lb pork tenderloins
    1 tbs. coarse-grain mustard
    ½ tsp. salt
    ½ tsp pepper
    ¼ c white wine [p] Mustard Sauce
    3 tbs. vegetable oil
    1 3/4c whipping cream
    1/4c coarse grain mustard
    1/4tsp salt
    1/8tsp pepper[p]
    Combine oil, mustard, salt, and pepper stirring well. Rub mixture over pork. Place pork in a plastic bag and refrigerate for 8 hours
    Place tenderloins on grill 300 deg. cook for 25 minuets or until done, basting every 10 min with mine. While cooking, prepare mustard sauce. To serve slice into 3/4' slices. Spoon mustard sauce over slices.
    Mustard Sauce: combine all ingredients. Mix well
    Author; Brenda Anderson
    Marietta,GA
    Source BGE manual pg 48
    posted by t. BENTE 11/24/07
    [p]
    here we go i had to do a little cut and paste job (i am terrible with these computers)[p]
    happy eggin
    tb

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• BENTE,
    Thanks a million, that's the one. Tried it yourself yet?

• BENTE
    Options
    Herky,
    no but i will. how about taking a photo and posting it later?[p]
    happy eggin
    tb

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Susan Egglaine,
    Thanks for trying to find it anyway. This one that Bente sent is the one I was looking for. Try it when you have a chance, it delicious!
    Herky