Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

heat

Tommy
Tommy Posts: 116
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Maybe it's my imagination but it seems like the temperatures used in my grilling cookbooks are a little hot for the egg. As a general rule would you say that when cooking on the egg I will use lower temps than I did when cooking on my now retired conventional grill?

Comments

• gdenby
    gdenby Posts: 6,239
    Tommy,[p]A lot of grills can't do low temperatures as well as the Egg, and so recipes are changed. For instance, I was talking to a friend about doing ribs at 225 grate temperature on the Egg, and he mentioned that the coolest he'd ever had his grill was 325.[p]However, most Egg recipe I've seen are consistent with standard temperatures for BBQ, and the Egg will do any regular oven cooking at the same temperature. [p]gdenby
  • Tommy,[p]I'm in agreement with gdenby. Rather than follow recipes for other non ceramic cookers use ones designed for ovens. You could always add to your library and get Dr. BBQ's books. His books are structured for the egg. [p]Mike
  • Tommy
    Tommy Posts: 116
    Mike in Abita,
    Thanks, I'll try Dr. BBQ, few more cook books never hurt anything. :)