Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

newbie - portabella

Tommy
Tommy Posts: 116
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have never cooked vegatables on the grill so I'm learning here.
Potatoes came out good, eggplant was really good but I tried some portobella mushrooms and the flavor was good but they were soggy.
Any tips on grilling portabella mushrooms would be helpful.

Comments

• stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Tommy,
    they have a lot of moisture, and the egg ratains alot, so they can be pretty wet in the end.[p]we grill gills down, with a little olive oil and salt. let them get some grill marks, then flip gills ip and spoon on tapenade, maybe some parmesan, cracked pepper, etc.[p]move them to the sides and let them dry out a bit at 350 or so. they stay really moist, which we like. dunno how 'wet' is too wet.

ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • Tommy
    Tommy Posts: 116
    stike,
    Thanks, they were wet but good so if that is normal I want worry about it.
    Next project for the grill is a cabbage.

• Rascal
    Rascal Posts: 3,923
    Tommy, Think I saw on Food TV where they recommended stemming and removing the gills for that very reason. After that I imagine you could stuff them with whatever your heart desires![p]Rascal

• Sundown
    Sundown Posts: 2,980
    Tommy,[p]Now you're talking! Dr. BBQ has a recipe for grilled cabbage and I want to try it soon. Maybe with the next pulled pork afternoon.