Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New Egg Owner

Options
BamaEGG
BamaEGG Posts: 170
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Just bought my first EGG yesterday. My neighbor and I had it put together in about a hour. Spent the rest of the day drinking cold Coors Banquet's, cooking about 20 chicken drums, some deer sausages, and listening to the Crimson Tide squeak out a win against Ole Miss.[p]Cooked the drums on indirect with a place setting for about 2 hours. My neighbor had prepared them with his own rub. They turned out perfect. Deer sausage was pretty good too. [p]Couldn't think of anything today except the EGG so I grilled 2 Filets and 2 New York Strips. I used the method in the EGG manual 3 minutes on each side at 650 the kill the heat for 3 more minutes and let set for 5. They turned out pretty good but could have set on the EGG a little longer.[p]Thursday I'm doing ribs and considering my first butt for the weekend in time to see the Tide take it to the VOLS.

Comments