Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Stacking pork butts

Options
uncbbq
uncbbq Posts: 165
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Just a progress report on multiple butts on a large. Thanks to Wise One, I just stacked a third butt on top of two on the large grid. It took a little longer (20 hours), but they turned out super. I don't have a grid extender, and it's good to know you can just stack 'em up. I'm sure 4 or 5 would have worked just as well.

Comments

• Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    Options
    uncbbq, glad it turned out fine for you, That must have been about 22-24 pounds. What did you do with all that pork?

• Spring Chicken
    Options
    uncbbq,
    I did four at one time last December. Almost 34 pounds. They came out great. More surprising, they were all cooked evenly. I think it took close to 22 hours.[p]4butts12-17-06.jpg[p]Next time I need to cook for a lot of people I won't hesitate to do four, maybe even five 8-pounders.[p]Spring "Eggs And Butts Go Together Well" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA

• uncbbq
    uncbbq Posts: 165
    Options
    Wise One,
    Church class party. Only two of them were eaten (31 people), but the other was sent to people having a hard time cooking right now. Now it looks like I'll be doing this every time we have a get-together. But 15 lbs. for 31 people--they held up their end, particularly considering there were multiple sides, bread, salad, and desserts. Thanks again for the encouragement.