Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I Did it Different...It Came Out Great

Eggmeister-disabled
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I wanted BB ribs tonight but did not make my usual preparations, (marinate, etc). I asked a few questions on the forum today and then left for the grocery to pick up some BB. Instead of marinating overnight, the ribs went straight to my large BGE. Instead of using my normal DP, all I had was some Corkey's BBQ Dry Rub, Tony Chacheries, and garlic powder. I was out of lump and didn't want to drive an hour round trip to get some, so I used BRIQUETTS (ugh!). I didn't have time to use the 3-1-1, so I had to use the 1-1-.5. I cooked two slabs for one hour at 325 with an indirect setup spritzing with apple juice/apple cider vinegar; one hour in foil at 340; and thirty minutes indirect with sauce every 10 minutes (Sweet Baby Rays). Instead of my usual apple/cherry wood smoke, I used a hickory chunk. They were great... IMHO, and my family agreed. I could not tell the difference from the CWM or the 3-1-1 methods . . .this BGE makes "eggsperts" out of all of us!!! I think I have invented a new method!! The 1-1-.5!

Comments