Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Smoke roasted Roma tomatoes

Lizard DraggerLizard Dragger Posts: 99
edited 6:45AM in EggHead Forum
47b7d702b3127ccebc28d9ae682a00000026100AcMnLRi3csWPg
<p /> Are on! In 5 hours we will have apple wood smoked carmelized tomato treats.

Comments

• EmarfEmarf Posts: 167
    LizardDragger,
    what temp do you cook them at

• Emarf,[p] 250 with a little apple smoke at the beginning, takes between 4-5 hours depending on how you like them.
  • LizardDragger,
    Direct or indirect?
    Good Smoken,
    Ross

• 47b7d702b3127ccebc28d9ede95900000026100AcMnLRi3csWPg
    <p />Ross in Ventura,[p] Indirect with platesetter legs up, on a cookie sheet with olive oil, kosher salt and pepper.

• LizardDragger,
    Pics when they are done, please.[p]Mike

• LizardDragger,
    Thank You.
    Ross

• wobinwobin Posts: 211
    LizardDragger,
    Just lit my egg and going to pick the roma's right now. Thanks for the idea.[p]Cheers, Glenn

• 47b7d702b3127ccebcd1da48891700000026100AcMnLRi3csWPg
    <p />Lawn ranger,[p] These were after 6 hours, I like them a little bit more done than my wife does.
  • LizardDragger,[p]Beautiful!

• LizardDragger,
    I tried these tonight and will definitely do them again. They were excellent. Had to cook a little faster and hotter tho..., and finish up in the oven, so I could get my steaks done. Might be time for me to get that second egg.