Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First In Competition

Options
Bob In Texas
Bob In Texas Posts: 111
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Has any BGE's walked away with 1st place in any BBQ'ing competitions? If they did, what what the meat, and receipt.

Comments

• Celtic Wolf
    Options
    Bob In Texas,[p]Several Egg teams have been Grand Champion most notably Dizzy Pig.[p]I assume by receipt you meant recipe. That you will have to get from them.
  • Bob In Texas
    Options
    Celtic Wolf, thanks Celtic, they may be reluctant to pass the recipe on. Especially if it took Grand Championship. I couldn't find it in the BGE Cookbook, and was just wondering.

• Squeeze
    Squeeze Posts: 717
    Options
    Bob In Texas,
    Do you have the new BGE Cookbook, a few of us gave some recipes that are close to what we do in competition. It will give you a great start.[p]-Kevin

Kevin Jacques
    The University of Que L.L.C. ®
    Killen, AL
    www.uofque.com

Take Your Taste Buds to School!
  • Bob In Texas
    Options
    Squeeze,
    You bet I have the cookbook. All 150 pages of it. I took it to Staples and had it bound for $3.00. Made a nice book.

• Squeeze
    Squeeze Posts: 717
    Options
    Bob In Texas,,
    No, that is not the book I am refering to. There is a new book from BGE itself that is finished and has a cover and all. It is not spiral bound like the last one and is a lot smaller but has recipes that are actually useful. Search that book out and you will find some good help.[p]-Kevin

Kevin Jacques
    The University of Que L.L.C. ®
    Killen, AL
    www.uofque.com

Take Your Taste Buds to School!