Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

A memorable meal last night - Friday's tri-tip keeps on giving!

Options
Pace Yourself
Pace Yourself Posts: 42
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hey Gang – Happy Labor Day![p]Between all the libations yesterday I was able to cobble together a memorable meal and I thought you might want to take a look. The planning started with two premises – First, my wife mentioned shrimp. Second, I still had some tri-tip from Friday night. (An aside on the tri-tip – If you have not tried it yet, do so as soon as possible. I Trex’ed two of them on Friday. We ate some hot then and it was truly outstanding. Then on Saturday I sliced some down real thin and put it on thin rounds of a baguette that had been lightly oiled, rubbed with garlic, and toasted. I also painted on some pomegranate chipotle sauce. These went to a party and lasted about 30 seconds.)[p]For Sunday I was thinking garlic herb shrimp and a tri-tip salad so I set off to hunt and gather. For the shrimp we kept it real simple – roughly 1.25 lbs of 21-24 count shrimp, a bunch of garlic, some DP “Shaking the Tree”, rosemary from the garden and some olive oil. I seasoned the peeled and cleaned shrimp with the DP then mixed in about ½ cup of minced garlic that was processed with oil and rosemary. I let that meld together for about 1.5 hours before cooking them quickly over direct heat. (I also squeezed lemon juice on the shrimp while they cooked) We then tossed the shrimp into some pasta (linguini tossed with EVOO, butter and a Parmesan/Romano mix) – The dish turned out great and the Shaking the Tree rub really added to the success. (That was my first time using that rub and it will not be the last…) [p]For the salad I really had no plan until I got to the store. (I was thinking about nuts and cheese and greens…) I picked up a bag of baby mixed greens then I saw some baby red and yellow peppers on sale. Now I am thinking about tri-tip and roasted peppers so I went with it… I also had some cheese that we really like at home – it is called Gran Capitan 6 months Iberico from Spain (we get it at Costco). So I was envisioning dressed greens, sliced tri-tip, roasted peppers and thinly sliced cheese. (I dressed the greens with a little of Emeril’s House Herb Vinaigrette)[p]The pictures are below and I have to say both dishes tasted great. The salad turned out better than I could of imagined and I would highly recommend this kind of dish for leftover tri-tip or any other red meat you may have made too much of (we never do that around here…)[p]I hope everyone has a great Labor Day – all the briskets and ribs and shoulder…. I am going to miss summer![p]Cheers![p]

100_1081.jpg[p]
100_1082.jpg[p]
100_1083.jpg[p]
100_1084.jpg[p]
100_1086.jpg[p]
100_1087.jpg[p]
100_1088.jpg[p]

Comments

• BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    Pace Yourself,
    man that looks GOOOOOOD!![p]i really like the pepper picture although i usually just throw the peppers on the coals
    101_0389.jpg[p]but your looks better than mine so what do i know?[p]i also liked the shrimp over linguini i will be trying that soon[p]never had enough tri tip leftover to make a salald LOL!![p]
    happy eggin
    tb

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb